°4°

Blair hadn't realised she fell asleep last night until a loud constant banging rang through the room, making her sit up slowly

Blair hadn't realised she fell asleep last night until a loud constant banging rang through the room, making her sit up slowly. She glanced around the room trying to pick out the cause of the sound, then she saw Four banging something against the metal stairs.
"I want everyone in the pit. In two minutes," he announced walking back up the stairs.

Once dressed and ready, Blair headed towards the pit.

They were met with Eric and Four.

"There are two stages of training. The first is physical. Push your bodies to the breaking point and you'll master the methods of combat. The second is mental. Again breaking point. You'll face your worst fears and conquer them, unless they get you first. You'll be trained separately from the dauntless-born, but you'll be ranked together. After initiations, rankings will determine the jobs you move into. Leadership, guarding the fence or keeping the faction less from killing each other," Four spoke pacing back and fourth as he did so.

"The rankings will also determine who gets cut," Eric adds.
"Cut?" Christina asks, the same question on Blair's mind.
"At the end of each stage of training, the lowest ranked initiates will be leaving us," Eric replied walking closer to them.
What the fuck? Blair thought.
Why wasn't she told this.
Blair's blood ran cold with fear, she was going to fail.
"To do what?" Al asked.
"There's no going home to your families, so you'd live faction less."
No going home to your families?
Since when was this a rule?
Was he joking?
"Why didn't we know that?" Will asked.
"It's a new rule," Eric stated.
"A new rule, somebody should've told us that," Christina spoke, Blair nodding in agreement.
"Why? Would you have chosen differently? Out of fear? I mean if that's the case, you might as well get out now. If your really one of us, it won't matter to you whether you may fail. Alright you chose us. Now we get to choose you," Eric spoke proudly.

After the meeting in the pit, they watched Four fight another leader showing them tac tics and moves. 

Next they moved onto shooting.
"Loosen up," Four stood beside Blair watching her every move. It's like ever since she stepped up to him he always has to make a comment about everything she's doing.
Blair grumbled, pulling the trigger on the gun for it to miss. For the seventh time.
"Your shoulders are raised, your too tense. Relax!" Four barked.
"I would if you wasn't so close and shouting in my face," she barked back having enough of him.
"What are you gonna do if someone's shouting helping from right next to you. You gonna panic tense up. Right because then you'd be dead," he raised his voice higher.
Blair took a deep breath, relaxing her body, aiming the gun at the target, hitting it.
"Good, now make sure your holding it right else if you don't that's just gonna shoot back and smack you in the mouth," Four ordered placing his big veiny hands over her small hands, placing them in the right place.

After shooting practice, they went on a run round the city.
Four in the lead of course.
Sweat lay on Blair's forehead as she continued to jog, staying in the middle with Lilith, while the others stayed at the back. Blair had sort of grown to like Lilith. She was adjusting to being followed. They reached a place under the tracks where faction less lay sleeping in trash bags.
"Hey. What have you got?" Four asked the dauntless people guarding the faction less.
"Faction less. Not doing anything," one of the guards said.
"Check it out stiff that's gonna be your new family. Go say hi," Peter nudged Blair.
"Not if I beat you. Besides your better at introductions," she shoved him, making him stumble.