3

"WERE HAVE YOU BEEN"

The second Rachel walked through the door her father started screaming at her.

"I was at the library and lost track of time".

*SLAP*

Rachel stood there shocked there was now a large red handprint on her face. Her father has really slaped her. He'd done it before but not like this. This time he was really mad. More mad then normal.

He stood there face red with anger and breathing heavily.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE THAT FACE". He yelled." YOU KNOW YOU BROKE THE RULES YOU KNOW WE DONT WANT YOU OUT PAST 10 AND ALL YOU DO IS STARE AT ME WITH THAT BLANK DUMB EXPRESSION".

"Im so-". "Shut up".

He put his head down and pointed up the stairs.

"Just go to your room ill deal with you later".

She was shocked. She thought he would hit her again or at the least scream at her more but this was different.  He had never just yelled at her for a minute then leaves it.

"Dad are you o-". "I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM". Rachel didn't need to be told twice as she ran up to her room and shut the door.

She walked over to her bed and laid down on it. She pulled out her phone to see if anyone had texted her but as usual no messages.

She didn't have very many friends she was more of a introvert. She did have Eddie though with him it sometimes gets awkward since he had a crush on her.

Eddie had been the first person she was friends with sense her parents didn't let her go outside when she was younger she never really met anyone until she went to school were she met Eddie. The first day she got there he saw her and ran up to her. The first thing he ever said to her was. "Hi I'm Eddie your my friend now". They had gone about 2 months of there friendship without him knowing her name.

Thinking back to how sh met Eddie made her smile to herself even though she wanted to cry. He really was a great friend she just wanted him to realize that she only wanted to be friends not start dating.  She was afraid to tell him how she felt because she didn't want to hurt him.

She dropped her phone beside her on the bed and just stared at the ceiling. 

Thats when she herd it. Her mom come home. Then the screaming starts. She puts her pillow over her ears for a bit. Gets up. Puts on pajamas.  Brushes teeth. Lays down in bed. Let's the darkness lull her to a deep sleep. Her night schedule.
-----------------------------------------------------------

When she woke up she herd the front door slam indicating either her father or mother had left.

She got ready for school and noticed in the bathroom mirror the hand mark on her face had turned into a bruise. She quickly covered it up with a bandage and then finish getting ready for school.

She went down to the kitchen to grab a quick meal since she didn't eat anything last night so she grabbed a pice of bread and put it in the roster then she got the butter out of the refrigerator and set it on the counter to wait for the test to be done.

While she was waiting her mother walked into the room. "Your father left to go to work. They called in for him today". She said grabbing the coffee pot and pouring some coffee for herself. Rachels father was a police officer while her mother stayed at home and 'cleaned'.

Rachel nodded then grabbed her toast then started buttering it as her mother continued. "Are you alright "?

Rachel looked at her surprised as her mother glared at her. "Do you think I'm blind. I saw the bandage I know what he did to you". Rachel looked at th floor ."yeah I'm ok".

Her mother sighed to herself and placed her hand on her child's bandaged face.

"Im so sorry Rachel ". This was the first time she did something like this. Her mother pulled her into a tight hug and whispered in her ear. "Im so sorry I married a monster like your father". "When you grow up and get married make sure he's a good. I don't even care if its another man. Just make sure its anything but someone like your father". "Hell marry a vampire if you want just as long as he treats you right".

Rachel nodded then pulled away from her mothers embrace.  "I have to go now". She said as she grabbed her tost and left.

That was wired she thought to herself walking down the sidewalk eating her toast. Last night dad was acting wird now mom is to I wonder if something happed.

Because she took the time to make breakfast she didn't have time to go to the library today so she finished her test and walked through the school gates. The second she got into the building she was tacked into a hug.

"Hi Eddie "