Chapter Four: The Lake

It was 6:04pm when they finally finished setting up everything. They all finally decided to eat dinner. "Who's cooking?" Isen asked.

          Silence flooded the entire campsite. "Uhm..." Seraphina said as she stared at the others. "I'll cook," said Arlo, "not like I think any of you guys can."

         "Actually... John can make really good ramen." Seraphina interrupted. All eyes landed on John. "I mean it's true." reassured John.

"Are you serious? Eating ramen at Camp Creekwater? Are you crazy?" Arlo answered. "Honestly, it doesn't seem like a bad idea." Blyke responded. Arlo was shocked.

        "What would you make?" Remi asked Arlo. "The usual camping food, chili." 

          And that's how they ate ramen for dinner around a fire at Camp Creekwater. "Oh mah god! The egg is melting in my mouth!" Remi exclaimed. Isen was doing a very happy cry in the corner and getting his tears mixed in with the ramen broth. Blyke was enjoying his ramen while taking pictures of it, and John seemed very satisfied. Watching everyone eat food he made himself was a very nice feeling.

        "Besides this being a camping trip," Arlo started, "the ramen is not so bad." Arlo looked up at John smiling. John was shocked. He turned a slight shade of pink, "T-take it as a thanks for earlier with the tent." John stuttered.

         After everyone finished the ramen, there was still lots of time left to spare. They all wanted to go on a hike but knew they should save that for later.

    "I'm so boredddddddd" Isen complained once again. "Okay Isen, we get it." Arlo remarked. They all were just sitting around the campfire that they set with a lighter Arlo brought.

      "I downloaded some movies on my phone!" Remi suggested. "Sure, I'd do anything right now." Seraphina replied.  "What movie is it?" Blyke asked interested. "The Joker!" Remi answered. All eyes turned on John. "What kind of movie is that?!" Blyke yelled. "One of the only free movies I could find, okay?!" Remi yelled back.

        "Yeah I'm leaving." John stated as he stood up and walked away. There was a lake nearby so John decided to stop by there. Maybe they could go fishing the next day. John sat down on the soft grass swaying in the wind. The water rippled with that peaceful sound that came along with it. No bugs were to be found at that moment. It was just a peaceful place to think.

         Just like the roof at New Boston. John thought of the times he sat there alone, trying to clear his mind. Now's not the time for this, now is the time to think about what this trip is even going to DO. To John, this trip was just another obstacle to go through, and he was the ticking time bomb ready to mess it all up. He hadn't even tried to apologize to Seraphina, they both just acted like it never happened. Why would I need to apologize anyway? She wasn't ever my real friend in the first place.

         John thought about the ramen he made and shared with everyone. Why did I even do that? They all deserve nothing. They all messed up so many times, they don't deserve a second chance. But was that really true? His mind was in loops.

               John left the campsite at 7:46pm. It was now 9:37. Everyone was starting to wonder where he was.

Hell Groupchat
Sunday Night

Remi: John? Where are you?

beam boy: Yeah, where did you run off too?

Isen:   look, we really are sorry about the movie thing...