Chapter Seven: The Game

After eating a Tuesday breakfast, they all had no idea what to do. John was still a little awkward being with the others. They all just decided to stay at the camp for the day. Their camp didn't have much, there was grass, rocks, and sand scattered everywhere. They had their tents placed down on the grounds with a little cabin on the side. The cabin was dusty and only had empty shelves with bugs. Outside the cabin was the grill Arlo brought and the wooden tables and benches that came with the cabin. There was hammocks that Isen brought and a water fountain that was attached to the ground.

An hour passed by of just relaxing and talking when Blyke was just bored of it all, "THAT'S IT. WE SHOULD BE DOING SOMETHING, THIS IS LITERALLY NO DIFFERENT THAN A REGULAR WEEKEND!" Blyke then walked in his tent, and then pulled something out.

Blyke pulled out this big duffel bag full of things for badminton. There was the little birdie things that you hit and the rackets. There was even a net you could set up. "Woah." Isen mumbled. Blyke then set up the net and gave everyone a racket. "Let's go play some badminton!"

Isen and Blyke were the only ones who remembered how to play so after explaining to everyone they all finally started the game. The teams were "Zombies" with Remi, Blyke, and Isen, and "Humans" with Arlo, John, and Seraphina. Isen was first to serve, "Eat this!" The birdie hit the net, then fell to the ground.

Isen entered a temporary depressed state. John was next to serve, the birdie hit right over the net to Blyke. Blyke then received it back to Arlo, which passed it back to Isen. Isen didn't get it back.

                                "YOU IDIOT!" Blyke yelled. Isen was still in his depressed state so he just sighed. John wanted to help but didn't know how. He tried though, "Hey Isen! If you try your best, I won't beat you up!" Everyone just stared at John in disbelief. Isen was worrying his head off, "So if I don't try and lose, you'll beat me up!?!"

Yeah, John was not that smart. The studying didn't do much on social interactions. "Uhhhh...I'll make you ramen if you try your best on this game?" That worked.

                           Isen now had fire burning from his back, grinning. Seraphina glanced at John, "Why'd you do that? We were winning." John smirked, "At least it'll make things more interesting."

Things definitely got interesting. Isen was using every ounce of athletic ability he had. He was faster than lightning and would never mess up. "Anything...for John's ramen!" Isen would say. His every movement was precise and perfect. Remi was trying to copy his moves but failed every time, leaving "Humans" a point. But almost immediately Isen would get that point back. Isen was making perfect combos and turning around games easily. He looked like he was dancing. No one had ever seen Isen this intense before, and it was all for the ramen.

Arlo was truly struggling to keep up with everyone. Seraphina was already pretty athletic and John, just like his ability, was copying Isen's moves successfully, he did fail occasionally but was able to keep up to him. Arlo had no idea what he was doing on the other hand. Arlo was rather used to tennis than badminton. He was just terrible at badminton. He was the reason why "Humans" was losing the most points.

The final score was "Humans" 18 and "Zombies" 22. Isen enjoyed a very good bowl of ramen just for him that Tuesday. Blyke and Remi were drooling, Arlo was pretending to not see anything, and Seraphina was just playing "Angry Pigs" the entire time. John and Seraphina then had an argument about how glass was supposed to be stronger than wood in "Angry Pigs".