Chapter Eight: The Splash

Wednesday morning came and by now, everyone was used to their camping routine, so they all finally decided to go fishing. Well except Seraphina who was still sleeping. They all tried waking her up but it was no use, so they all left with their phones and a note for Seraphina to read later.

"Finally back at the lake." Commented John as he carried the tacos Arlo made yesterday. The tacos were going to be the groups lunch, as it was placed second.

Remi sighed, "Are we really using worms as bait?" Remi pointed at the container full of worms. "Honestly looks REALLY disgusting."

Blyke rolled his eyes, "Are you serious?" He then lowered into a whisper, "You're not afraid of EMBER, but fear worms?" Blyke than received a weak punch on the back. "Oh shush!!" Remi than picked up a worm (extremely slowly) and placed it on her fishing rod. She then lowered it down under the water. Then followed Isen and Blyke.

  "Bet I can catch a fish faster than you can." said a smugly Isen. Blyke snickered, "As if. I could beat you anyday!" And there was the start of another competition between the two crackheads. Arlo sighed and continued fishing. During this time, Arlo decided to just think to himself for a bit (with Blyke and Isen fighting in the background of course).

  What was that yesterday? Arlo started thinking about everything that went through his mind that day. He turned to John, who was searching up on his phone how to catch fishes faster. Pft- I don't think any of them have the patience to wait. Arlo found himself no longer paying attention to his fishing rod, he was staring at John's face. Right...I should become friends with John, not only because of Wellston, maybe just maybe... Arlo remembered him and John bickering over the drinks in Woaba Boba. He smiled at the memory, We can become real friends and spend time together. Maybe I can finally have fun, because John would never stand for my seriousness. Arlo imagined him and John at the arcade, playing games and winning prizes. Arlo never went to an arcade before, but he thought it would be fun to go with John.

      "Uh, hello?" John said awkwardly noticing Arlo's stare. Arlo then switched back to reality. John continued, "Why are you staring at me- ARLO ARLO YOUR FISHING ROD!" Arlo turned to the rod, he had been so loss in thought he didn't even notice it tugging at him. I got lost in thought about John? "ACK SORRY!" Arlo than began to panic, which was something he didn't do often. He started pulling and bam, there was the fish.

Remi smiled, "First fish of the day goes to Arlo!" Arlo walked over to a bucket and dropped the fish in it. He then started setting up his fishing rod once again. A sudden voice asked, "So how'd you do it?" Arlo looked around for the voice. "Uh it's me!" John said startling Arlo. Arlo was confused, "What do you mean by how?" John deadpanned, "HOW'D YOU GET A FISH IN UNDER A MINUTE SIR?!" Arlo paused, "That was under a minute-?" John facepalmed and just sat back down with his fishing rod. That's when it hit Arlo, Sh*t, that was my chance.

Arlo than sat back down next to John, "I really don't know how I got that fish to be honest." John turned to face Arlo in a surprised manner. John chuckled quietly, didn't expect him to answer. What development. Arlo continued, "It all depends on luck." John turned back to his rod, "Is there a way to transfer luck then?" John then  mumbled quietly to himself, "or maybe fish don't like me... just like everybody else." Arlo's hearing was probably one of his best senses. A way to transfer luck, huh? The blond looked up to the sky, "Maybe.." Arlo than stood up and he started placing down his fishing rod on the ground tied between a stick. "Huh?" asked a bewildered John. Arlo then walked towards John, then bent down to him.

Arlo than moved his head closer to the raven haired boy, making eye contact. John was in shock, Wha- what? Is he...no way. Arlo's face moved so close to John where their lips were just an inch away. Arlo than reached his hand up to John. John was panicking inside, What the- there's no way- absolutely no way... is he really kissing me?