A Little Favor

"Anya!" A stern voice called behind them.

Oh no. No no no! Anya's eyes widened. Someone had seen them. And not just anyone. The director of the department.

Mark turned around, his back to the man who had called out.

Panic surged once more, "M-Mr. Kennedy..." her voice broke. She was done for.

"My office." he turned on his heel and stormed away.

Mark never let go of her, there was a strong, deep seeded urge to protect her. This was his fault.

The tears slipped from her eyes, "I am going to lose my job." she said flatly as she watched her boss make his way to his office.

Anya shook and pushed away from him before running to try and plead her case.

Mark stood there watching her go, cursing himself. What had he done?

"M-Mr. Kennedy...p-please it...it isn't what it looked like." Anya began the moment she burst into the office.

"Well, from where I was standing, you didn't do much effort to push him away." His eyes narrowed. "You took advantage of the situation between you two. How far has this gone?" He began to hound.

"No...I..."

"Well from the reports I have gotten...he had been pretty close to you for the last few weeks. Giving him some...special treatments?" Mr. Kennedy looked up from a report sitting on his desk.

Anya yelled finally, "NO! There has been nothing else! I-I swear...please...don't fire me..." The sheer look of terror on her face begged him.

Mr. Kennedy snorted, "Relations between a patient and a provider are strictly prohibited. I'm sorry. But we have to let you go." a devious smirk played on his lips.

And just like that. Anya's world shattered. "N-no..." No longer frozen in her tracks she turned to run.

"Unless." He started.

Anya paused and turned her head.

"You show me how sorry you are." Mr. Kennedy made his way around the desk to her. He cupped her face and spun her around, making her gasp.

"W-what..."

A dark chuckle escaped him and he trailed his thumb over her lip. Cupping her bottom he pulled her close and allowed her to feel his erection. "I have a few ideas of how you can repent. And I won't fire you." He kissed at her neck and held tighter as she squirmed against him. Another chuckle brushed against her neck as his hand trailed up to grope her breast. "Do this little favor for me and never speak to him again. All will be forgiven."

"N-No! Let me go!" Anya gasped and pushed. He was too strong.

"ENOUGH!" a voice yelled out in anger. "YOU GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HER!" Mark huffed as he pushed his way into the room, others were following suit. Mark grabbed the man by the back of the neck and threw him to the floor. "Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" Mark punched him.

Several of the other female staff members stood glaring at their boss, arms crossed over their chests. Anya stared at them all, wide eyed. "W-what?"

Lisa rushed over to Anya and pulled her into a hug as she caught up on what had just transpired. "My sweet naïve child, he has been after you for months...thank God you never realized his intentions. He does this to half the female staff. Now we finally have proof." Lisa stroked her hair and held her close, glaring daggers into Kennedy. It hurt her they held Mark back until the last second in order to get it recorded for evidence. She was just thankful Anya was okay.

Apparently, Mr. Kennedy was the type of man who threatened women's jobs if they didn't fuck him. He was subtle about it for a while, and no one had gone forward in fears that if they tried to come out, they would be fired anyway. Plus there had never been any evidence. But they had all seen what he had done to Anya.

The hospital security had come to cart him away and everyone went back to work after giving their reports to the cops.

Anya stood in a corner, rubbing her arms as she continued to watch everything. Well...watch Mark talk to some of the officers. It seemed like he knew them by the way they talked. She had no idea things like this had been going on. Maybe she had been blind to his advances the last few months. It made sense, she was always engrossed in her work. She just wanted to go home and take a hot shower.

Mark finished with a nod to Chase and Elliott before making his way back to Anya. "Hey..." he said as he closed the distance between them.

"You are walking." Anya said softly. "Looks like my treatments really are done." She wasn't expecting him to be walking around this much.

"Sheer willpower and anger." Mark laughed with an exhausted breath as he sat beside her, but then got really serious again. "Anya...I...I'm so so-"

This time Anya cut him off by wrapping her arms around him and kissing him.

Everyone stopped and stared, the staff, the other patients, even the cops. It was like something from a romance movie. Her hands cupped his face and she stared up into his gaze, "I love you too." she breathed once the kiss broke. "I will make it work...I won't let them fire me over it." The fire still burned behind her eyes. That determination he had come to love in her.

"Anya." Mark smiled.

Everyone around them clapped and cheered. Lisa especially. That sparkle in her eye. They weren't going to let anything happen to Anya. And that was exactly what happened when the higher ups came sniffing around in question as to what had really gone on. Everyone had pleaded her case, not allowing love to be squished by a simple form of semantics.