Chapter 9

Tony stared at his wrist in awe. there had never been any reports of soulmates changing, had there? He spent so long staring at his wrist that he didn't notice when the elevator stopped, or when the doors opened, or even when Loki appeared before him. 

"Stark."

Tony startled, looking up at Loki as the smell of a nervous Omega filled the air. Loki, as an Alpha, immediately noticed.

"No, no, you've not done anything, I just wanted to speak with you." The god said, in as soothing a voice as he could. 

"I promise I didn't mean to make your mark change! I didn't know they could and I would have been just fine before and if you want I can just avoid you-"

Tony jolted as Loki grabbed his wrist, then shivered. 

"No. I won't have you killing yourself because of this." Loki said, sternly but softly. "You are the only person here who has shown even an ounce of kindness to me, bar my oaf of a brother." He noticed the Omega's reaction, and stopped.

"Anthony, I cannot say that I wanted this, but it has happened..." He trailed off.

Tony looked up at the alpha.

"Maybe, if you're okay with it, we could try this out?" He asked, voice small. 

"Of course, Anthony." Loki replied. "Now, I'm going to help you to stand, and then we're going to walk over to the couch, and you're going to sit down. Is that alright?"

Tony nodded shakily, allowing Loki to move him across the room, and thought that maybe, just maybe, this might work out.