Chapter 1

Warnings: Strong Language

Tony was an omega. He knows that. There's nothing he could really do about it. But that didn't mean he had to act like one. He never had and he definitely wasn't gonna start now.

Being recruited to work for the Avengers had surprised and excited Tony. No-one ever took him seriously since he was an omega. He hated that the most. They have never really viewed him as a threat. Just another weak little omega.

Boy were they surprised.

Once he joined the Avengers he did everything possible to make himself seem strong and intimidating. Not that his height was really doing him any favours but anyway.

It took a while but he was eventually viewed and respected as an equal to the other Avengers. They had been rather acceptant of Tony when Fury hired him, which he was grateful for.

The Avengers knew straight away that Tony wasn't your average omega, but that was the way they liked Tony. A bit of a narcissist but otherwise they were happy with the way Tony was. They never treated him like he was below them or weaker than them. They treated him like an equal.

Well, except Steve Rogers but that wasn't for Tony being an omega. It was because he didn't think that Tony was a hero. He didn't think Tony was really good enough to be on the team.

It hurt Tony because, not that he would admit it, but he really wanted to be friends with Steve. Ever since he'd heard of America's greatest hero when he was a kid he had wanted to be just like Steve, just like Captain America. He fantasised about one day meeting him even though he knew he died when the plane crashed into the sea.

But he'd been wrong. He wasn't dead. He was alive.

And he had hated Tony as soon as he had met him.

It had broken Tony's heart, realising that his favourite hero of all time hated him. But the hurt went much deeper for a different reason. That reason being on his wrist. But he couldn't tell anyone. He didn't want to seem weak. So he stayed silent.

Tony had flown the nuke into the portal hoping to show Steve that he was a hero. That he was good enough.

But he had never actually planned on coming back down to Earth, so when he woke up with Steve kneeling over him he had to admit he was through roughly shocked to say the least.

"What the hell?! What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?!" Tony said looking around in panic. When he glanced back at Steve he was looking up at the sky with a smile.

"We won", Steve said looking down at Tony with a smile that was making his heart melt. God damn that smile. He could just imagine those lips kissing his- wait, what?!

"Alright, yay! Alright, good job guys!" Tony praised them trying to rid of the mental image he was receiving. "Let's just not come in tomorrow? Let's just ... take a day..."

Tony panted, slightly out of breath still. And he couldn't get rid of that damn mental image! Fuck!

He was still rambling. "You ever try Shawarma? There's a Shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is but I wanna try it."

Steve chuckled. Yup, definitely getting friendlier. At least Tony hoped.

"We're not finished yet", Thor said and Tony knew what he meant.

But he was rather persistent. "And then Shawarma after?" He asked.

He didn't receive an answer, instead Thor took off to make sure Loki didn't escape.

Tony, Steve and Bruce met the others there as Loki was crawling his way out of the crater in the floor as a pathetic attempt to escape but collapsed on the steps unable to go any further. He looked at the Avengers who were just watching him and sighed.

"If it's all the same to you", Loki murmured glancing at Tony, "I'll have that drink now."