Mirror Talk

Lydia ran all the way up the stairs to the attic, slamming open its door with as much a force before Barbara and/or Adam could even go ahead and open it up for her. She didn't even bother to knock and wait for her universe's versions of the Maitlands to let her inside.

Which, to both of the ghosts, was completely unlike the teenage girl. They never knew her not to knock... well, unless it was something that was serious.

But still, knowing that there were different universes out there other than her own was pretty cool to Lydia. She hadn't even expected to see something as strange and unusual as that and yet she did. She still remembered why she was coming up to the attic to begin with, still remembered what that alternate version of her in her mirror had said.

In fact, she didn't seem to realize that she was spacing out.

At least not until Barbara's worried voice cut through her thoughts.

"Lydia? Earth to Lydia Deetz? You in there?"

"H-huh?"

Lydia shook her head but kept that one particular thought about the version of her who was in her mirror at the forefront of her mind, focusing her attention onto Barbara and finding the concerned female ghost standing a few feet away from her.

Adam was standing not too far behind her, also looking concernedly at Lydia.

"Do you need to sit down?" Barbara continued, putting a hand on Lydia's shoulder. "You look rather woozy. Did something happen?"

Lydia rested a hand against her forehead, propping herself up against a nearby wall and keeping her attention focused solely over towards the Maitlands.

"Yeah, I know. I just had the craziest experience." She let loose a laugh, the Maitlands looking worriedly at one another before turning back to Lydia. "Did you guys know that there are all sorts of different universes out there with different versions of us? I saw and talked to an alternate version of myself who somewhat appeared in my mirror and she seemed really nice."

Again, Barbara looked worriedly at Adam before refocusing her attention back over towards Lydia. "Lydia, are you okay? What do you mean, multiverses, other versions of all of us? Do we need to talk to Delia about this?"

Lydia shook her head, pushing that thought away. "No, there's no need. Want me to show you as soon as I figure out how to communicate with her through my mirror?"

"I guess." Barbara looked off to the side and rested a hand under her chin. "But..."

"But you guys can look through the Handbook for the Recently Deceased and see if it says anything about multiverses," Lydia suggested.

Noticing the matching uncomfortable and uncertain looks that were plastered on Adam and Barbara's faces, Lydia trailed off as she looked between them. She knew she shouldn't have asked, but a read through of the Handbook for the Recently Deceased was necessary for a situation like this. Really necessary.

"Do you guys want to talk to the alternate versions of yourselves through my mirror? I'll only let you do that if you look through the Handbook and find the section on multiverses if there is one?" Lydia, again, suggested.

Looking between both ghosts as she waited for either one of them to provide an answer to her question. And, for a while at least, that didn't seem to happen.

Well... it was like that until Adam spoke up with a hint of nervousness in his tone.

"Lydia, are you sure that's a good idea? Because I don't think-"

"Nonsense." Lydia shrugged in response and rolled her eyes before turning her attention back over towards the Maitlands. "Of course it's a good idea, Adam. I know that you guys would like to talk to and get to know your alternate selves through my mirror just like I got to know mine."