Finding Common Grounds

Talking to Charles and Delia and letting them know of the situation at hand had not been the easy part. Of course they were going to flip out at the fact that there was now an alternate version of Lydia stuck in their universe. But the fact that multiple different universes other than their own existed was what really got them.

Really got them.

For the last ten minutes or so, Charles and Delia had been doing nothing but staring wide eyed at the Maitlands, both Lydias, and Beetlejuice after the latter five had finished with their explanation. And not one of them could get either one of the two living adults to snap out of it. No matter how hard they tried, nothing seemed to be working. At least it was that way until Lydia snapped her fingers.

"Earth to Dad and Delia? You guys in there?"

At that moment, as if it was by magic, Charles and Delia snapped out of their current states and shook their heads frantically.

"Yeah, we're still here. You thought we were dead like the Maitlands, didn't you?" Charles joked.

Whereas her alternate self stifled a laugh and grinned, Lydia rolled her eyes in amusement and smirked at her dad. "Cut it out dad! I can't tell whether or not you were joking about that or not."

"Yeah, other me's dad!" alternate Lydia quipped, sitting herself down at the kitchen island.

"Ahem! Lydias!" Delia clapped her hands, turning the attention of both Lydias, them still grinning, onto her at the same time. "You know that he wouldn't be joking about that! Why would anyone joke about that or find that funny?!"

"Spoilsport," Lydia quietly mouthed out to her alternate self, causing the latter to chuckle in amusement.

"I don't think either one of you two would've found that funny to begin with!" Charles spoke up, a stern look crossing his face as he looked from his daughter to her alternate self and back to his daughter.

"We're goth!" Lydia spoke, looking solely at her dad. "We find anything and everything about death to be funny!"

"Did you find it funny when your mom died though?" her dad asked rather sternly, raising an eyebrow and folding his arms.

"No. But Adam's the ultimate joker and he's dead," Lydia said.

"That's... not what I meant," Charles said, scratching his head and sounding ultimately confused.

"As the 'ultimate joker'," Adam spoke up with a hint of amusement, turning Charles' attention over towards him. "I happen to think otherwise."

Charles, however, couldn't think of anything to say.

"Hah!" Lydia piped up, laughing rather loudly. "Adam agrees with me!"

"Kidder!" Adam whispered back to her, earning him a nudge in the shoulder from Barbara which caused him to chuckle in response, rubbing at the back of his neck and focusing his attention onto his equally as amused wife.

"Can we focus on helping me find a way back to my own universe please?" alternate Lydia spoke up out of confusion, turning the attention of everyone else onto her.

Then their eyes widened as they looked over towards one another. Why did they forget something that was just as simple as that was. Well... that and helping alternate Lydia get used to how things were in the modern world, working with the alternate versions of the Maitlands on trying to get alternate Lydia back to her own universe, and not to mention they needed to deal with Juno.

"Sorry other me!" Lydia spoke up, passing by her alternate self as she walked into the living room to sit down.

"Excuse me, young lady!" Charles spoke out, his attention turning over towards the living room... where Lydia had just turned on the tv and put on whatever ghost show was on at the moment. "Aren't you supposed to be helping us help your alternate self both get used to the modern world and getting her back to her own universe?"

Lydia paused the tv, turning her head in her dad's direction. "I am helping, dad! I just figured that I'd start by showing her all of the awesome ghost shows of this century. Wanna join in on watching these, other me?"

Alternate Lydia thought quietly to herself for a brief moment, then nodded as she made her way over towards the living room. "Yeah, sure."

Charles rolled his eyes, then turned his attention over towards both of the girls. "Well... okay then. The rest of us will be upstairs in mine and Delia's bedroom for at least a while, talking to the Maitlands' alternate selves and hopefully the alternate selves of Delia and I through our bathroom mirror. You guys can have your fun."

Both girls nodded in unison, allowing all four of the adults and Beetlejuice to head upstairs for now. Alternate Lydia moved further into the living room just as soon as the last of the five headed upstairs made their way upstairs, the sound of Charles and Delia's bedroom door gently closing sounding. Plopping herself down on the couch right beside where the other her was sat, alternate Lydia turned her attention over towards her.

"So, how many of these paranormal shows are you going to show me?"

"Depends." Lydia leaned backwards, resting her hands behind her head and keeping her attention on the television as whatever paranormal show was on played. "We can watch as many paranormal shows as you want us to watch?"

"Then can we watch a couple horror movies? One from my era and one from yours?"

"Sure we can," Lydia said. "What for though?"

"I just wanted to compare two different horror films from two different time periods and see which of the two is scarier than the other is."

"Seems reasonable. Late night horror movie marathon?"

"Yes on the late night horror movie marathon." Alternate Lydia nodded, a smirk plastered on her face.

Lydia smiled. That was yet another good thing that she and her alternate self had in common. It made her wonder how many other things they had in common.

"No offense," alternate Lydia said with an eye roll, turning her attention back over towards the tv screen at the same time as other her. "But all of these ghost shows are relatively cheesy. It's almost as if nothing real is happening in them."

"Hey! No fair!" Lydia lightly punched her alternate self in the shoulder and caused her to laugh. "You take that back!"

Alternate Lydia lightly punched her back, a huge grin on her face. "Never!"