Mirror Mishap

Both Lydia and Lyds had initially thought about heading back out into town to test out their theories. But doing so at home seemed to be the better option. And the attic seemed like it was the better place to do it. After all, why not have this universe's versions of the Maitlands help them out with the second of their theories. But, with the Maitlands both saying that they would rather wait a little while longer for that.

So, instead of that, with an open Handbook for the Recently Deceased in hand, both Lydia and Lyds headed back upstairs to Lydia's bedroom. Why not test out what was supposed to be the third of their theories instead. All they needed was the mirror in Lydia's bedroom and the section on multiverses in the Handbook, and they were all set.

All Lydia wanted to test out was if she could pass through her mirror into Lyds' universe and then come back through it right after. In her mind, she did have a feeling that it was going to work. But, before they did so, first things first, they knew that they needed to talk to Lyds' universe's versions of Adam and Barbara and see if they were both on board with Lydia and Lyds' plan. It was, after all, hopeful that they would be. And, aside from that, it would still give Lydia an opportunity to see what Lyds' universe was like. Even if it was going to be for only a short amount of time.

Lyds plopped herself down on Lydia's bed, looking over towards Lydia. "Lidi, you sure about that? I don't think my universe's versions of Adam and Barbara would be that willing enough to allow it."

"Sure, I'm sure. It's only going to take me a little while to be there and then I'll be right back here like I promised," Lydia said, closing her bedroom door. "Like we discussed on our way up here. Relax, Lyds. It's going to be fine. And besides, I did say I wanted to see what your universe is like."

Lydia propped herself up against the dresser drawers that were just underneath her mirror and skimmed through the section on multiverses to try and find if it said anything about communicating with people from other universes and traveling through the mirror and back again. So far, she'd found nothing and that was starting to annoy her. Why the hell didn't the Handbook have any information on traveling to other universes?

"But what if this universe's Juno comes and traps you in my universe like she to did me in this universe?"

Lydia looked over towards her, only just remembering that. "You do make a good point. But still, it's only going to be for a brief moment. I'll be right back here in my universe before she can even try."

"Well..." Lyds, still just as nervous and worried, looked off to the side before looking back over towards Lydia. "Okay then, I guess."

Lydia nodded in response, crossing her bedroom and sitting down on her bed right beside Lyds and sitting the still open Handbook in her lap - having flipped right back to the beginning of the section she was on in a second attempt to see if she could find anything on multiverse travel and if it was with certain information on communicating with other versions of people in a particular universe. This time, she had to at least find that information. And she was going to find that information.

And find that information she did.

She handed the Handbook for the Recently Deceased over to Lyds, and the latter looked down at it briefly before looking back over towards Lydia.

"I don't know about that, Lidi," she said, sounding a little unsure about all of this (maybe they should just forget about it and try it again later on. That seemed like it could be a much more reasonable idea, didn't it)? "All that seems dangerous. A little hard."

"Like I said, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Or it won't and you'd get stuck in there for who knows how long," Lyds said.