With No Way Back...

Lydia had since moved over to the far corner of the attic, along with other her, both of the Adams, both of the Barbaras and Beetlejuice, her and other her still processing things. With that nightmare that they had had, and the fact that it had actually happened the day before ... wait, if Lydia knew that Lyds' universe's versions of Adam and Barbara were there... then surely she would've known that it wasn't a nightmare, wouldn't she?

Lydia turned to look towards Lyds, the two girls having a sort of mental conversation before they turned back to both Adams, both Barbaras and Beetlejuice. That nightmare, now, was the least of their worries. They needed to focus more on getting Lyds, alternate Adam and alternate Barbara back to their respective universe.

And with Juno still standing in their way and knowing whenever they even tried anything to get things back to normal, they couldn't exactly risk anything bad happening to either Lydia, could they? That was why they needed to find their way around things, why they needed to act fast. Get Lyds, alternate Adam and alternate Barbara back through Lydia's mirror to their universe before Juno even found out.

Lyds flopped herself down onto the attic floor, laying right there face down. But she made no groaning noises. Lydia sat herself down on the attic floor right next to her alternate self, her attention focused solely on her.

Letting out a silent laugh, Lydia couldn't help but comment, "mood much?"

"I don't want to do anything right now..." Lyds agonized, her voice soft and muffled. "As much as I like it here, in your universe, I just want nothing more than to go right back to my own. And I don't think that's going to happen for a while. So, for now, I don't know what else to do now. Might as well not

Alternate Barbara sat down on the other side of her Lydia, reaching out a hand and resting it on her back — trying nothing more than to comfort her.

"My Lydia, we'll get back to our universe," alternate Barbara promised. "I know we will."

"It doesn't matter how long it's gonna take, but we're gonna try," alternate Adam added.

In response, Lyds made a muffled, depressed noise, but didn't lift her head.

"Might as well stay here if we can't get back to our universe..."

Alternate Adam and alternate Barbara turned and looked at one another, Lydia standing up and moving to stand over near her Adam and Barbara. Whilst alternate Adam and alternate Barbara continued to try their best to comfort their version of Lydia, Lydia was going to talk with her universe's versions of Adam and Barbara and see if they could figure out a way to get their alternate selves back to their universe. If they could, that was.

Lydia leaned her back against one of the walls of the attic, her attention focusing towards her Adam and Barbara. And it seemed that, after a while, they had turned back to her with equal quizzical looks. Them cocking their heads. A brief few moments had passed by, before Adam and Barbara looked to their alternate selves.

Alternate Adam and Barbara's attention focused away from their Lydia and towards them, the both of them looking worried.

Barbara glanced at Adam, the both of them readily nodding before their attention focused back onto their alternate selves. A rather brief and quick moment of them thinking to themselves behind them.

"You don't mind if us and our Lydia head down to her room do you, let you guys have some time to yourselves?" Barbara asked, her alternate self thinking briefly to herself.

After a moment, alternate Barbara turned back to Barbara and Adam. Nodding, she added,

"Sure."

At the instance of yet another muffled depressed noise from Lyds, alternate Adam and Barbara looked down at her with matching looks of worry. At that same amount of time, Adam and Barbara teleported themselves and their universe's Lydia out of the attic. Hoping and knowing that their alternate selves would join them sooner rather than later.

Appearing in Lydia's bedroom, Lydia made to cross it and flop down onto her back on her bed. The Maitlands stood together in the corner, watching her with equally as concerned looks. But not before they shared a brief look.

"Lydia, you okay?" Adam asked, tilting his head to the side. But only just briefly.

"Fine... thanks for asking. I'm just as worried about Lyds and her universe's versions of you guys. What if— what if she's right and it's going to take quite a while for them to get back to their universe. With Beetlejuice's ma still trying literally everything she can do to prevent us from getting our alternate selves back to where they should be, I don't think that—"

Adam and Barbara floated over to Lydia's bed, sitting down on either side of her when she sat upright and moved to sit on the edge of her bed, putting their hands on her shoulders. To comfort her. Hopefully. Lydia looked between Adam and Barbara, noting the matching warm and comforting smiles on both their faces.

Lydia opened and closed her mouth a few times, generally unable to even think of anything to say. And that's when her attention focused solely onto Barbara, looking to her for some help.

At that, Adam made to retract his hand whilst Barbara, on the other hand, kept hers resting around Lydia's shoulders. That warm smile remaining, Barbara reassured,

"We'll help them any way we can. However long it takes."

Lydia nodded, then her attention flicked to her bedroom floor. "But how are we going to try and get them back to their universe without Juno knowing and trying anything else. I mean... just what'll happen if Juno tries to kill alternate me? Will... I die too?"

At that, Lydia, looking more nervous than worried, refocused her attention on Barbara.

Barbara, thinking to herself, looked away for a moment. Then eventually she looked back at Lydia. A thought fresh in her mind, with a smile, she supplied,

"That... is a good question. And a good question I really don't want to answer."

Barbara paused, unsure of how to continue from there. Her attention flicked over towards Adam, and he looked back over at her. A matching look of worry to Barbara's appearing on Adam's face. Eventually, yet he too was unsure if he should say anything, Adam's attention focused on Lydia.

"But we assure you that the both of us, along with our alternate selves, Charles, Delia and Beetlejuice will try anything and everything we can to try and keep something happening to you and Lyds. We promise we will. Now, all we need to do is come up with a plan without Juno knowing."

Lydia looked from Adam to Barbara, a single tear dripping down the side of her face onto her bedsheets. One which Barbara, with a small and soft smile crossing her face, was quick to wipe away. Maybe, hopefully, Adam and Barbara were both right on one thing. They were going to try anything and everything that they possibly could to try and get their alternate selves back to their universe.

No matter how hard she tried, Juno wouldn't stand in their way. They'd make sure of that.