Chapter four

"So, an unstable alien god kept you under unhealthy conditions."

"Well, 'unhealthy conditions' seems a bit much."

-

Unsurprisingly, you woke up sore. Your back hurt, your neck hurt, everything hurt. Note to future self: alien bathtubs are not comfortable. At all. Plus, if your stomach was growling before, now you felt like you could eat the bed posters. It would be a sacrilege to your occupation, but wood had some fibre, right?

You were wondering if that was the plan of your captor – to let you starve to death – when someone knocked on the door.

If he wanted to kill you, he didn't have to announce himself; he could've just stabbed you in your sleep. That was what comforted you when you gathered enough courage to open the dark wooden door.

The first thing you noticed when entering the chamber was its difference from the previous night. Everything was fixed, perfectly intact; as if nothing had happened.

The second thing you noticed was the inebriating smell that filled the room, and your empty stomach roared a complaint. By the window was your host, next to a tempting, richly served dining table.

"Eat." He simply stated, gesturing to one of the chairs. "You haven't eaten anything in a day, your silly human form needs nourishment and I do not wish to deal with a corpse."

Every muscle in your body was drawn to the sight of baked goods, fresh fruit, rotisserie and other delicious-looking dishes; yet a small part of your brain struggled to remain rational. "How do I know if it's not poisoned?"

"If I desired to kill you, I could have done so in the blink of an eye." He said, and when you didn't move, he rolled his eyes before sitting down, "Fine, I'll eat with you."

That was all you needed. You practically jumped on the chair across from him and started devouring the feast.

The bastard had the nerve to smirk at your manners. "I did not know Midgard had trolls."

Kolos. You ignored his teasing because the pie was just too good. You would like to see him keep his posh manners after not eating anything for two days.

"You are undoubtedly looking like one," he tried again.

Sighing deeply, you tightened your grip around your fork.

If you didn't know any better you'd have thought he looked disappointed that you had so easily disregarded his provocation. "It appears that I'll have to endure your presence for longer than expected," he continued, passing some sort of jelly on his loaf of bread, "The Bifrost is closed."

That brought your attention, "Why?"

"The Queen's orders."

Queen? Wasn't Odin supposed to be the ruler of Asgard? Damn, Odin, Loki, Heimdall, the whole situation was still somewhat unbelievable; part of you still thought everything was nothing but a dream.

"We are not on Earth, are we?" You sighed; it was more of a rhetorical question now.

The prince looked down at you and snorted, "Took you long enough."

Maybe it was his patronizing stare, – you did hate to be belittled – or the brain-splitting fact that you were stuck on an alien planet, having breakfast with a stupidly arrogant Norse god, but you blurted out before even thinking, "Oh, I'm sorry if I didn't get a brochure before you kidnapped me."