Chapter seven

You really should be more careful with what you asked for.

You did say you wished for someone to discuss your theories and findings, and who else could keep you company other than your dear godly roommate?

Since the revelation of the threat of war he started spending an awful amount of time inside the room; always buried in books and parchments, always reading. Probably studying battle tactics, you thought. Which made you all the more nervous about your delicate situation. You wanted to take back the idea of spending more time at the palace; yeah, it had been a fairly amusing and thrilling vacation, but you would like to go home before the start of an intergalactic war.

It also didn't help your anxious state that even the all-powerful alien sorcerer looked even more on edge than possible, and you desperately tried not to worsen his sour mood. You couldn't believe you were starting to miss solitude. At least before you were oblivious to the fact that Frost Giants could be marching to your door while you ate lunch.

Sometimes you attempted to start a conversation; whenever you thought smoke would start coming out of your flatmate's ears. The gears inside his head were always working, and you half feared they would overheat and he would have a nervous breakdown most of the time, so you brought something up just to try to distract him, and yourself, from the danger that threatened the idyllic realm.

You took comfort in the idea that interaction was keeping both of you sane; the spare moments of teasing and questioning cleared your heavy thoughts, grounding you two to the present. And so you asked him questions of his world and his kind, eagerly adding all information to your precious notebook.

Since your tablet and your phone had long run out of battery, the old yellow paged journal became your archive and encyclopaedia, in which you compared information extracted from the many downloaded articles and the snippets you could get from your 'host'.

Speaking of whom occupied the most pages of the little notebook. In your excited handwriting, you started tracing almost a personal and psychological profile of the man,

Over six feet, raven hair, pale skin, green eyes, looks younger than expected (age: _____?); although stories were unclear concerning his origins, he apparently is the heir to the Asgardian throne the king of Asgard (has mentioned a queen ruling before his crowning – Frigga?) (Thor – allegedly the cause of war against Jotunhein, Odin's whereabouts are unclear);

Possesses magic (unknown mechanisms – seidr is real!); explosive when triggered; can summon objects at will (telekinesis?), creates illusions and manipulates senses; seems stronger and faster than regular humans. Can understand and be understood by – allegedly – anyone (Asgardians and other 'higher beings' have this ability.)

Marital status – unknown (has not mentioned any partners from the legends or not); has not mentioned any children.

Superiority complexed little shit, self-proclaims himself as a god, believes humans to be an inferior race.

You pondered the information that you had. So far, the Loki in front of you diverged considerably from the stories, which made you wonder about the reality behind other tales.

What kind of knowledge was hidden behind those clever eyes?

"What is it now?" he asked without even lowering his book.

Caught staring again, dammit, you blushed furiously behind the journal. "If you guys inspired Norse Mythology does that mean that other pantheons are based on extra-terrestrial beings?" you blurted out.

He let go of his reading, his expression turning from the previous concentration and exhaustion to one of intrigue. "What kind of question is that?"

"Zeus, Horus, Dagda, Brahma... Are there other planets, or worlds ruled by them?"