Chapter 3

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is June 7, 2021. I just wrote a 4-page short-story on my typewriter (Loki, They/Him (YES MY TYPEWRITER HAS PRONOUNS)) about my comfort characters holding me while I have a panic attack! Yay! It's pretty good though ngl-

The sun is fresh on the horizon, and Y/n is already up. A whinny disturbs her daily chores. She looks up to find Fenrir, thirsty, dirty, and exhausted. "Fenrir?" She gasps, putting strokes down the horse's neck as he drinks deeply from the trough. "What happened? Where is Papa?!"

Y/n goes still, noticing Fenrir's torn straps and tattered reins. In dread, her gaze darts to the woods. "Take me to him!" She exclaims, grabbing her coat as Fenrir takes a few last gulps of water. She snaps the reins and bolts into the woods, sunlight growing more and more scarce until eventually sunlight barely seeps through the thick branches lighting her way as Fenrir gallops past a fallen cane tree.

Y/n races through the rumored enchanted woods, coming upon F/n's tipped over wagon. She sees the broken chest and scattered music boxes. With a mix of apprehension and determination, she sets her jaw, and continues the gallop until the path brings her to a large golden palace.

The abandoned palace of Asgard.

Asgard may be a prospering planet, but no one is quite sure what happened to the inhabitants of the castle. No one's ever thought to question it.

Y/n dismounts Fenrir, finding a thick branch and wielding it as she bravely crosses to the castle and enters. Club held high, ready to defend herself as she climbs up the frost covered steps, she cautiously eases the huge door open and peeks inside. The atmosphere of the castle presses in on her. Creepy dragon statues on the staircase seem like they're watching her every move. Eerie shadows stretch down impossibly long hallways spanning out around her.

"Look, Heimdall. A beautiful girl," a gruff accent says from somewhere beside her.

"I can see it's a girl. I lost my hands, not my eyes," Heimdall grumbles to Thor.

"But what if she is the one? The one who will break the spell?" Thor asks eagerly. Y/n reacts quickly, whipping around. 

"Who said that? Who's there?" She demands, reaching the spot where she heard the voices. There's no one there. Only a chocolately-brown clock and light golden candelabra. Suddenly, a cough echoes through the castle. She grabs the candelabra and climbs the long staircase in front of her. The abandoned clock shudders with dread.

Y/n follows the reoccuring cough up a labyrinth of stairs until she reaches a dark prison tower and a grated iron door. "Papa!? Is that you?" She asks wildly, spotting her father through a grate in the door. He looks terribly pale and sick, coughing up a storm.

"Y/n? How did you find me!?" F/n demands, scrambling over to the door. She puts the candelabra down and clutches his hands. 

"Oh, your hands are ice," she sighs. "We need to get you home."

"Y/n, you must leave here at once. This castle is alive! Now go, before he finds you!" F/n trembles.

"Who?!"

A sinister growl startles Y/n, causing her to spin quickly, swinging her club to strike, but the figure jumps onto another staircase. She searches the shadows for the figure as the voice circles her. "Who's there? Who are you?"

"Who are you?" A proper accent snarls deeply.

"I've come for my father," Y/n says, using her strength to keep her voice steady. 

"Your father is a thief," the voice says lowly.

That pisses Y/n off. "Liar!"

"He stole a rose," the voice spits in disdain.

In her wide e/c eyes, guilt shines through. "I asked for the rose. Punish me, not him!"

"No, he means forever," F/n corrects, still shaking. "Apparently that's what happens around here when you pick a flower," he spits.

"A life sentence for a rose?" Y/n asks shrilly.

"I received eternal damnation for one. I'm merely locking him away," the voice says in clear disdain, shadowed with a dark past. Now... do you still wish to take your father's place?"

"Come into the light," she requests brashly. The figure remains still. Y/n grabs hold of the candleabra and thrusts the candle forward, illuminating a...man. But a blue one. He's a light sky blue, with markings on his face and fierce, red eyes. But other than that, he's nothing more than a tall, intimidating man. Her eyes go wide as she clearly sees this man, the worst part of her brain screaming at his beauty.

A Frost Giant. From her studies on creatures of the Nine Realms, her father's captor is a Frost Giant. But not really giant, just a little tall. A runt in comparrison to real Frost Giants.

His eyes examine her own.

Red. Deep. Soulful. And flicked with pain.

"CHOOSE!" He roars.

"Y/n, I won't let you do this. I lost your mother. I won't lose you too. Now go!" F/n demands before he falls into a terrible coughing fit.

A plan crosses Y/n's brain. "Alright, Papa. I will leave." She turns to the man. "I need a minute alone with him." No response. "Are you so cold-hearted that you won't allow a daughter to kiss her father goodbye?" She spits. He grunts proudly, rolling his eyes. "Forever can spare a minute!"

Intrigued by her defiance, he moves toward her, reaching out with massive but slender hand. Y/n closes her eyes, bracing herself for his retaliation. Instead, she hears a loud clang, opening her eyes to find herself eye to eye with the man's b/p. He has reached high above her head to pull down an iron lever, unlocking the door. "When this door closes, it will not open again," he vows. B/p=body part because heights vary so where you come up to him is different for everyone

Y/n rushes in and embraces her father, slowly spinning them around so she's in the cell and he's in the doorway. "I should have been with you," she sobs.

"Y/n, listen to me. It's all right. Live your life. Forget me," F/n says firmly.

"Forget you?" She laughs in disbelief. "Everything I am is because of you."

"I love you, Y/n. Don't be afraid," F/n says softly.

"I love you too, Papa," Y/n whispers, pulling him close. "I'm not afraid. And I will escape, I promise."

"What-?!"

With that, she pivots and swings her father through the door just as the man slams it shut. F/n trips to the ground, giving the man a second to turn to Y/n. They lock eyes. "You took his place," he states with curiousity.

"He is my father," she says defiantly, screwing up her face.

"He's a fool. So are you." He turns drags F/n away.

"Don't hurt him!" Y/n screams, pushing her face against the bars. Through the latticework, she sees the beast and her father disappear down the corridor. She rushes to the open window and watches him carry her father down the spiral staircase of the prison tower.

"Y/n! I'll come back! I promise!" F/n swears, his promises growing more and more distant. Once she is alone, Y/n cannot help herself. She slumps to the cold, dank floor as the tears come.

 She slumps to the cold, dank floor as the tears come

i may have a star wars shrine

i may not