Chapter 5

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is June 12, 2021. PSA, I'm fully vaccinated, but still hold onto the crippling anxiety I have because of the pandemic. So I'm in Tahoe and I went shopping (I really don't do that too often anymore) and the mask mandate was apparently lifted in Nevada County (??) so NOBODY was wearing a mask except me, including my grandparents. When I got home, I had a terrible panic attack because I'm just so paranoid about this crap. Love you guys though <33

time skip brought to you by fandral and hogun hugging each other tightly in the tavern to embellish their point and then realizing theyre gay although fandrals too proud to say it...until-

Y/n's captor enters the large, grand dining room and sits at one end of a stretching dining table. He looks at his place setting, surprised to find the fancy flatware and crystal. Confused, he looks up. His head rises to find another place setting at the other end of the long table. When he notices the romantic candles, he swats his own place setting off the table in anger.

"Thor!" He bellows. He storms into the kitchen, looking down at the assembled staff. "You're making her dinner?" He demands.

"We thought you might appreciate the company," Thor says warmly.

"Master, I can assure you that I had no part in this hopeless plan. Preparing a dinner, designing a gown for her, giving her a suite in the east wing-" Heimdall gushes.

"You gave her a bedroom?!" He repeats.

Heimdall cowers, cornered by him and points at Thor. "No no, he gave her a bedroom."

Thor grins. "That is true. But if the girl is the one who can break the spell, maybe you can start by using dinner to charm her. Good thinking, Heimdall!"

"That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard! 'Charm the prisoner,'" He scoffs self-consciouslly, kicking at the scuffled tiles.

"You must try, brother. With every passing day, we become less human," Thor says carefully, making sure not to pry with his newly-discovered brother.

"She's the daughter of a common thief. What kind of person do you think that makes her?" He spits, recovering from his bashfulness.

"Oh, you can't judge people by who their father is, now can you?" A kind voice, coming from a neatly decorated tea pot named Alva, the head of the kitchen, says. It's clearly a loaded statement, and the staff cringes, ready for retaliation.

Instead, he grunts and storms off...in the direction of the East Wing. He climbs up the steps, green cloak whirling behind him as he approaches Y/n's bedroom. Thor, Heimdall, Alva, and Jane all quickly follow him. He knocks on her door firmly twice. "You will join me for dinner! That's not a request," he barks.

"Gently, master. The girl lost her father and her freedom in one day," Alva reminds softly.

"Yes," Thor chimes in. "The poor thing is probably in there, scared to death."

"Exactly."

Meanwhile, Y/n sits on the cushioning in front of the window, wildly fastening knots in the long strips of multi-colored fabric from the eccentric dresser. She tosses it out of the open window, watching as it smacks against the frost-covered turret. Two more knocks interuppt her, causing her to look up in fear.

"Just a minute," she says, attempting to cover up her escape work.

"You see, there she is," Thor says with a triumphant smile. "Now, master, remember. Be gentle."

"Kind," Alva says.

"Charming," Jane smirks.

"Sweet," Heimdall lilts.