Chapter 10

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is June 28, 2021. I am hopped up on caffiene and happiness now! WOO LETS GO EVERBODY DESERVES TO BE HAPPY ESPECIALLY YOU WHOOOOOOOO GO GET THAT LATTE EAT THOSE CHIPS BECAUSE YOUR GREAT AND LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO IGNORE THESE NEEDS YOUR ONLY HUMAN YEAHHHHHHHH

some of the dialogue here is different because the fact that belle keeps denying her feelings annoys me im like NOT Y/N SHE WANTS LOKI

Loki sits crouched over in a tub, Thor and Heimdall helpin him to wash as he vents about his "idiocy". "I saw her in the ballroom, and I said 'Well, since you're making this so beautiful, we should have a dance tonight'. I never thought she'd actually say yes! What was I thinking?!"

"No, Loki, this is perfect! The rose has only four petals left. Which means tonight, you must tell her how you feel!" Thor exclaims happily.

Loki stands up abruptly, water rolling off his surprisingly toned blue body. "I feel like a fool. She will never love me." 

"Do not be discouraged," Thor says triumphantly. "She is the one."

"I wish you would stop saying that!" Loki roars, bashfulness creeping out of his tone, though. "There is no one."

"You care for her, don't you? Well then, woo her with beautiful music and romantic candlelight," Thor instructs.

"Yes, and when the moment's just right..." Jane says aludingly.

"But how will I know?" Loki asks frantically.

"You will feel slightly nauseous," Heimdall replies honestly.

"Don't worry Loki, you'll do fine," Thor encourages.

"Just stop being a coward and tell Y/n how you feel!" Alva instructs brashly. "And if you don't, I promise you'll be drinking cold tea for the rest of your life."

"In the dark," Thor adds.

"Covered in dust," Jane sides. 

"Dark and very, very dusty," Heimdall concludes. 

\--/

"Beautiful," Anna says triumphantly, finishing off Y/n's gown. It's absolutely stunning, perfectly suiting Loki's wardrobe. A full satin bell skirt falls over a petticoat from just above her hips, flaring over her gold heels. The bodice is fitted with a green corset, complimented with gold ribbon lacing it up in the back. There are green bell sleeves attached to her arms below the shoulder. "But it's missing something." Anna sweeps her arms, and Y/n watches as gold dust floats down from the towering chandelier, adorning her bodice and cuffs of the sleeves in beautiful, intricate swirls of gold patternwork.

" Anna sweeps her arms, and Y/n watches as gold dust floats down from the towering chandelier, adorning her bodice and cuffs of the sleeves in beautiful, intricate swirls of gold patternwork

my heart dropped out of my body when i saw this its so beautiful

Thanking Anna, Y/n exits her room, fingers ghosting over the silky fabric as she walks to the top of the west wing. Taking a deep breath as she hears Loki's footsteps, she readies herself for the grand reveal. He turns the corner to reveal himself in his grandeur set of armor, similar to what he's been wearing, but much more proper. His raven hair is styled and fluffy over his shoulders.

They both blush furiously at the sight of each other, catching the other's eyes raking over the other's form, Loki's focusing on several...compromising spots. Their eyes snap up to the other as they descend the staircase, meeting in the center. Loki holds his arm out, and Y/n takes it quickly, smiling up at him honestly. They glide over the steps together, the long train of her skirt trailing behind her as she sinks down the stairs. 

They take their places in the center of the ballroom as a beautiful composed piece, one that Y/n has never heard before, begins playing from somewhere. As the music rises, she bows, him bowing back in return. Nervously, Loki's left arm snakes around her waist, pulling her against her with a bit of a flourish *FlOuRiSh* as their other hands intertwine by their shoulders. They begin to dance, sweeping across the massive and lavish, beautifully cleaned ballroom. 

In this moment that the two of them share, nothing exists except them. Despite his size, Loki is careful, gentle, and graceful. The lights grow dimmer as his hands anchor around her waist, lifting her high above him, her skirts swirling around them. He leads Y/n to the terrace doors, which are pushed open to let the cool night air in. They stand on the balcony, extremely close to each other as they look over the grand and dark forest. 

"It's foolish, I suppose, for a creature like me to hope that one day he might earn your affection," Loki says bashfully.

"Yes, it is foolish. Foolish that you think that's true," Y/n says calmly, ignoring the pounding of her heart at teh outburst of their truths. 

Loki looks at her, completely shocked. "Really? So you think you could be happy here?"

"Yes, I do. But..." she trails off, her happiness dwindling as, quite randomly, images of her father flash in her mind. "My father taught me to dance. I would step on his toes a lot. Sorry if I stepped on yours."

"You must miss him terribly," Loki says, scrunching his eyebrows mournfully.

"Very much," she whispers.

"Would you like to see him?" Loki asks.

Y/n looks at him, completely confused as he disappears back into the ballroom, striding up the staircase and glancing over her shoulder at her. She picks up her skirts and flies through the ballroom, following him up to his chambers and over to the enchanted rose. Her eyes flit towards it, then to a beautiful gold-encrusted hand mirror Loki hands to her.

"I'd like to see my father," Y/n asks. A flash of magic crosses over the glass, then melts away to reveal her father being thrown into a cage in the center of the village square. Y/n shrieks in fear. "Papa! What are they doing to him?!"

Loki watches her closely, observing her edging closer to hysterics. 

I love her.

Therefore I must let her go.

"You must go to him," he grits out, ignoring the feeling of his heart shattering. He hasn't cried since he was a boy, but that might change in a few minutes. 

"What did you say?" Y/n asks, whipping around.

"You must go to him; no time to waste," he repeats.  Y/n looks up at him with a look he's never catched before. One of love. One she gives to him whenever he isn't looking. She moves to return the mirror, but his hands clasp around her hands which hold it. "No. Keep it with you. And you'll always have a way to look back on me."

"Thank you," is all Y/n can muster out as she flees, hiking up her skirts.

They both don't know of the others tears, simultaneously sliding down their cheeks at their increasing distance, their hearts madly protesting.

mobius is me projecting this sad story and you guys are loki pouting at the angst

AM I WRONG??