Chapter 7

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is still June 12, 2021. NOW you get pure fluff (with a touch of sadness)! Also, I was right anna was confused as to why they were a wardrobe but i know theyre secretly proud of me <33 love you daddy

yes i call them that

it makes them feel masc

leave me alone

He lays in his newly cleaned four-poster bed, stripped shirtless and turned over a little bit while Y/n sits beside him with a bowl of warm water and a washcloth. She strains to avoid his surprisingly well-toned body and rudely stare at the Jotun markings that stretch down his torso. "OW! That hurts," he complains loudly as she strokes the thrashes with the towel.

"If you held still, it wouldn't hurt as much," Y/n retorts.

"If you hadn't run away, none of this would have happened."

"Well, if you hadn't tossed me over your shoulder and frightened me, I wouldn't have run away."

"Well, you shouldn't have been in the west wing."

"Well, you should learn to control your temper," Y/n finishes, silencing him. A beat passes before her curiousity gets the best of her. "What's your name?"

He looks up at her, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Why?"

Y/n shrugs, carefully dabbing at his wounds. "I should get to know you, shouldn't I? Eternity is a very long time to spend without knowing someone."

A smile ghosts his lips. "...Loki," he finally says. "And you're Y/n." He looks up at her. "It's a beautiful name."

"Thank you. Loki is quite formidabble as well," Y/n says quietly. Her eyes flit to the painting, but she knows better than to push him, so instead she pushes her own thoughts aside. "You should get some rest."

He frowns at her, but lets his eyes drift close, and his breathing evens out quickly. "Thank you, Miss," Alva says.

"We are eternally grateful," Thor says truthfully.

"Why do you care so much about him?" Y/n asks brashly.

Alva gazes over Loki's sleeping form. "We've looked after him all his life."

"But he has cursed you somehow. Why? You did nothing."

"You're quite right there, dear. You see, when the master lost his mother, and his cruel father took that sweet innocent lad and twisted him up to be... a villain... we did nothing."

Y/n notes their shame just as Rose plucks out a beautiful melody from the ballroom downstairs. "Let him sleep," Thor says. Everyone nods and leaves the room, Y/n pausing in the doorway to watch Loki stir uncomfortably.

Walking back to her bedroom, she can hear melancholy wishes from the staff members. "Will I tremble again to hear my gorgeous one's refrain?" Rose sighs.

"Will you now forever remain out of reach of my arms?" Thor says wistfully, dancing with Jane. 

"I could sing of the pain these dark days bring. The spell we're under, still it's the wonder of us I sing of tonight," Anna hums, her gaze locked on the door as if she could see through the walls to her lover, her Rose. anna if you call me a simp istg

"How, in the midst of all this sorrow, can all this hope and love endure? I was innocent and certain, now I'm wiser and unsure. I can't go back into my childhood, the one that my father made secure. I can feel the change within me. I'm stronger now, but still not free. 

\--/

Loki takes the guard's words in his head, spinning them around slowly through his brain.