Chapter 11

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is July 2, 2021. I'm back in California and am enjoying the non-sweltering heat! Inland Oregon was 110 degrees farenheit so I practically melted. Anna (221b_blogger101), Jamie (SimpKing0), and I all chaotically talked last night in a groupchat and it was...an experience.

this is actually quite funny because on my imagines book someone requested i did a loki x reader au for the song evermore from beauty and the beast like 6 months ago and i really loved it then i rewatched batb and i was like ok i actually need to do this

Loki rips off his cloak, tossing it to the side with a frustrated grunt as he combs his fingers through his hair, choking back tears. "Well master, I may have had my doubts, but everything is moving like clockwork! True love really does win the day," Heimdall says cheerfully.

"I let her go," Loki says in a deep and plain voice.

Thor, Jane, and Alva all enter his chambers cautiously. "Brother...how could you do that?" Thor asks.

"I had to," Loki responds simply.

"But why?" Heimdall repeats.

Loki stays quiet. "Because he loves her," Alva says in a soft voice.

"Then why are we not human?" Thor asks sadly.

Heimdall grows frustrated. "Because she does not love him! And now, it's too late."

"But she might still come back..."Jane trails off hopefully, knowing as well as anyone else Y/n wouldn't.

"No," Loki says, turning away from them in guilt and shame. "I've set her free. I'm sorry I could not do the same for all of you. Now go. Our time is almost past."

His family all reluctantly retreats to spend time with each other in their final moments. "I was the one who had it all. I was the master of my fate, not anyone else. I never needed anybody in my life. I suppose I learned the truth too late."

Loki steps onto the balcony of his chambers, watching Y/n mount Fenrir on the icy castle grounds below, tossing her green gown over the sides and stretching out her hands. "I know I'll never shake away the pain. I'll close my eyes, and she'll be there. I let her steal into my melancholy heart, and now it's more than I can bear."

Y/n sets off, weaving through the maze she's come to know to navigate to reach the gate of the grounds. With every shrubbery she gallops behind, Loki propels himself up the stairs of turrets, spiraling higher and higher to keep her in his vision for as long as he possibly can. Exhilerated by his risk and the newfound love in his heart, he keeps climbing.

"I rage against the stupid trials of love. I curse the fading of the light. Though she's already flown so far beyond my reach, she's out of sight!" Loki cries, clinging to the highest spire as he watches Y/n fly out of her home, no longer a prison. 

"Now I know she'll never leave me even as she fades from view! She will still torment be and be apart of everything I do. I'll be wasting in my lonely tower, simply waiting by an open door. And I'll fool myself- she'll walk right in. And as the long nights begin, I'll think that all that might have been; waiting her for evermore..."

\--/

Y/n finally reaches the gates of her village after pushing Fenrir as fast as she could. In the distance, she watches her father get tossed into an asylum wagon, which begins to jolt away with the slow footsteps of the horses drawing it. "Stop!" She screams.

The crowd's heads whip around, gasping as the automatically part for her and her horse to ride through. She hops off Fenrir, her dress gracing the cobblestones below her. The villagers whisper, about where she's been, who she's been with, and her dress.

Fandral stares, absolutely slack-jawed at her dazzling appearance. Y/n ignores all of them and strides over to the asylum wagon. Her father pokes his head through the bars. "Y/n? I thought I lost you!"

Y/n looks at his appearance, and sees his twisted leg. "Open this door! He's hurt!" 

The wagon-driver hops down from his perch. "I'm afraid we can't do that, miss. But we'll take very good care of him."

"My father's not crazy! Fandral, tell him!" Y/n cries, looking helplessly to him.

Fandral sighs, as if conflicted. "Y/n, you know how loyal I am to your family. But your father has been making some unbelievable claims."

"It's true, Y/n," Bragi agrees. "He's been raving about some beast in the abandoned castle."

"I have just come from the castle and there is a man!"

"We all admire your devotion to your father, but you'd say anything to free him. Your word is hardly proof," Fandral tries to soothe, smoldering at her.

Y/n whips out the magic mirror from her sash defiantly. "You want proof?" She demands, staring down Fandral. "Show me Loki." In the reflection of the mirror, Loki is slumped against the highest turret wall in visible anguish. The villagers gasp in shock and fear. "There is your proof!"

"This is sorcery," Fandral gasps dramatically. He snatches the mirror away from her and holds it up for the villagers. "Look at this beast! Look at his gnarly blue skin, his deadly red eyes, those markings!" They all recoil in fright.

"No, don't be afraid! He is gentle and kind," Y/n assures truthfully.

"The monster has put her under his spell!" Fandral continues. "If I didn't know better, I'd say she even cared for him," he sneers.

"He's not a monster, Fandral, you are," Y/n spits. "The beast would never hurt anyone."

"I have heard of the effects of dark magic but never seen it with my own eyes before!" Fandral raves. "This is a threat to our very existence! We can't have her running off to warn the beast. Lock her up too."

Y/n is lifted into the wagon, kicking and yelling. "This isn't over, Fandral, you'll see!"

"Fandral, with all due respect-" Volstagg, his companion begins.

"Do you want to be next?" Fandral grits out. "Fetch me my horse."

walmart

walmart

its colder than a winters tit out here (coastal oregon)