Loki Laufeyson: Secrecy

Warning: None
Word Count: 2145 Words
Quick A/N: Hey guys! This imagine is also located in my Loki Imagines book, but it's one of my favorites so I decided to include it in here. Enjoy! ~ July 13, 2022
Timeline: Sometime before Ragnarok

• • • • •

Yes, she knew it was essentially a criminal act but she couldn't help it. Something about the God just grasped her attention, and luckily something about her captured his. Yet it was practically forbidden: She was an Avenger, and he was an Enemy. Although he had grown good overtime, most of the Avengers still had difficulty trusting him, so they continued their rendezvous in private. It had been going on for about a year now. Frankly, they both were surprised it had lasted that long in secrecy since [Y/N] lived in the Avengers tower.

She had powers like Wanda, an experiment gone wrong and used for the benefit of H.Y.D.R.A., except hers weren't just mere telekinesis. Hers were portals and forcefields; she was the Avengers protection. That was how Loki was able to sneak around as much as he did. Of course, they did other things than hide in her quarters: they went out disguised for dinners, movies (although the God of mischief didn't quite understand human media), and other romantic couple things.

He was a lot sweeter and romantic than she had anticipated. Natasha would often find boxes of chocolates or huge vases of blooming flowers at their door, all addressed to [Y/N]. Of course, the girl never spilled who the admired was that was sending it, but she made it clear she was seeing someone and it was nothing for the Avengers to be worried about. There was a time where she thought of telling Natasha, but she knew it wouldn't be a good idea after overhearing a conversation on Loki's invasion from 2011.

In case if any Avengers were to find out, the couple had a plan. Loki would shapeshift to a human similar to himself, careful to not accidentally give himself away. If worst came to worst, [Y/N] would simply portal the two out and to a field where Loki would then take her back to Asgard where they would only have to worry about Thor (who was oddly never really present in his kingdom). Even if they knew no one was at the tower when they were, [Y/N] still had a soundproof, one way forcefield around her room so they didn't have to whisper and even if someone opened the door, all they would see is an empty room.

Her lights flickered as she sat on her bed and she looked towards the wall where she saw the familiar teal and green portal form: her lover had arrived. Quickly moving her hands out to the sides of her body and extending her fingers so they pointed upwards, her forcefield was formed. The two smiled to each other and she pulled him into a tight hug with a kiss on his cheek.

"I've missed you," She whispered and then laughed. "Probably too much."

"I've missed you more, darling," He gently pulled his arms away from around her and intertwined his hand with hers. He placed a kiss on her forehead. "Did you get the gift I sent you?"

She buried her face in his chest. "Love, I told you not to get me something." He chuckled, taking his other hand and lifting her head up.

"I know, my dear, but you deserve all the wonders of the worlds," He moved his finger under her chin to lift her face up more and kissed her. "Besides, your reactions are always priceless." [Y/N] giggled and kissed him lightly again. Repeated kisses had brought the two to her bed, where she sat in his lap facing him, the kissing continued. He had stayed very passionate until he desired to move lower towards her neck. They both knew it would've progressed further if there wasn't a knock at her door.

"Bloody hell," She muttered in annoyance causing him to smile. He adored how she had picked up on his phrases. She kissed his lips once and smiled. "I'll be right back."