Peter Quill/Star-Lord Imagine: Piña Coladas

Warning: Fluff, language, sexual innuendos (from Rocket and Drax, of course)
Word Count: 1098 words
Quick A/N: Hey y'all! It's been a while since I've written these but I promise I'm going to start writing more of these imagines. Hope you enjoy! ~July 13, 2022
Timeline: Before Guardians of the Galaxy 2, 2014
• • • • •

She had first met Star-Lord when the group ended up at the Kyln a few months after her arrival. Once she heard the raccoon's speech, she was intrigued and approached the human of the group. There she explained how the place was run and how if the group was going to escape, she suggests that they take her with them.

"I'm sorry, and who are you?" He laughed with the question.

"You, but better," She smirked, leaning back in her chair. His smile dropped and he crossed his arms. "Star-Lord, right? Classic thief, but you're kinda sloppy."

"Clearly you're not any better if you've been here." He shot back. "What did you do wrong to get yourself here?"

"The Broker ratted me out to the Nova Corps on Xandar," She sighed. "I worked for him for years, stealing items and getting paid by him so he could sell them. Except, the bugger had a bounty on his head and was hoping to fix that by turning me in."

"Rookie mistake," He laughed.

"No, it's called my boss backstabbed me," He shook his head with a smile and she continued. "Listen, you'll need me," He squinted in question. "I'll make a deal with you: you help me get out of here, I'll show you how to properly steal." She extended her hand out for him and he looked at it before shaking it with a nod.

"The moment you screw me over, I'm leaving you in the closest asteroid field," He warned which caused her to laugh. "I'm serious."

She planned on leaving after Knowhere, escaping back to her home planet, Xandar, and return to the way she lived before she was arrested. After seeing what the stone could do, however, she knew she couldn't leave them. After Ronan, she didn't even think about leaving them. She was part of their group and if she left, she'd leave her only friends.

It had been a few weeks since then. The music blared from the main section of the ship. She swung her hips to the beat as she organized and cleaned their weapons. She knew no one was around so she let the music move her. [Y/N] had been a fan of Quill's music since she first joined the crew; something about it made her happy and forget the chaos around them.

The song that had just come on was one of her favorites and a classic according to Quill. She didn't know what half of the words meant (what the hell was piña colada?) but she didn't care; the words still quietly fell off her tongue as she continued her job. When she turned around to reach for the remaining weapons on the table, Quill stood leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed, a fairly large smile across his face. She froze.

"I didn't know we had the same taste," He grinned, removing himself from where he stood. She didn't move but he slowly walked over to her. "May I?"

She hesitatingly nodded and he sent her a reassuring smile. His right hand rested on her hip, his left encased with her hand. He smiled down at her as he began to swing his hips in a rocking motion from side to side. She swayed with him, looking away with a rose blush once their eyes locked. "Hey, loosen up a bit," His voice was like melted butter. "I just saw you dancing a few minutes ago and now your stiffer than Rocket's attitude."

"I've never danced with anyone." She sheepishly admitted, her eyes flickering to his before quickly away. He twirled her slowly, then brought her back to him.

"Never danced with anyone?" He chuckled, swaying with her once again

"Never danced with anyone?" He chuckled, swaying with her once again. "Well, darlin', I guess we better fix that," She blushed with a slight smile as they continued to sway. He held her body close to his and she felt as if she couldn't look him in the eyes. He gently took his hand away from hers and lifted her chin so their eyes could meet before going back to her hand. "You're supposed to look at the guy you're dancing with."

The music continued and they danced and slowly [Y/N] began to grow more comfortable and move with more ease. Quill took the chance to sing and his voice was sweet. The song seemed to end quickly and he brought his hand up to her head, pulling her in to place a small kiss on her lips. She was a bit shocked at first but quickly kissed him back. Her arms snaked around his neck as his arm wrapped around her waist. He pulled away and smiled at her.

"Ha!" The two were startled and turned to see that the voice belonged to Drax. He pointed towards them and [Y/N] went to move away but Quill still held her body. "The two thieves! They are together, I knew it!" Rocket came running in.

"You didn't know shit. I was the one that said they definitely were gonna bang at least," He turned to the two. "So how was it? Is he as small as we all think he is?"

"We didn't do anything." She rubbed her temple, Quill letting go of her to run a hand through his hair.

"Then what was with his lips against yours?" Drax asked.

"We were just dancing." Quill spoke, shooting them a glare.

"Uh-huh, we all know what that means," Rocket winked to Drax who began to laugh. "Damn it, I winked with the wrong eye."

"In about two seconds, I'm gonna drop kick you," Quill muttered. "We were just dancing. Nothing else happened."

"I hope you were using protection with that dancing. As funny as it would be, it is too early for baby thieves to be running around." Drax seemed to state that in pure seriousness which only made Rocket laugh harder.

"I'm going to go." [Y/N] mumbled and Quill gave her a look of apology before she walked out of the room.

"I take it the sex was not good and Quill is small." Drax spoke which caused Rocket to continue to loudly laugh. From the other room, she heard Quill shout: "We were just dancing!"