Chapter 46 - Pernoctation

Droplets of water were trickling down my body. It was like a heat wave was slapped in my face.

Quickly, I opened my eyes gently and wiped the sweat off my face. It was increasingly hot in the room.

Some sort of blanket was put on my body and I assumed it was probably Genesis who used it to cover me.

Immediately, I dragged it off my body because the heat was unbearable. I remembered walking to the bed and resting my head on the pillow- I must have fallen asleep.

There was a lit candle on the stool close by. The candle served as beacon of light throughout the room. I looked around the room and saw two bodies sleeping on the floor- Genesis and Lucas.

There were fast asleep on the ground. I proceeded to sit down on the bed. I was still in my previous clothes from last night, since I hadn't bothered to change.

As I was walking away from the bed, I accidentally hit my foot on something heavy. I hadn't seen it when I was walking away from the bed.

"Shit" I cursed out loud. I prayed I hadn't shouted loud enough to wake anyone up.

Instantly, I whipped my head to see if either Lucas or Genesis had woken up.

When I found they were still asleep, I sighed in relief. I went ahead to pick up what had caused me to trip and it was a stool.

After quietly hissing, I returned the stool to where it was supposed to be. I went to the window and looked out the stars.

Looking at the stars made me feel closer to my dad because that was his most favorite thing to do. I saw the moon was gleaming lustrously. I noticed the light of the moon outshone that of the stars.

There were a hundred of stars out there in the galaxy and but there would always be one dominant star shinning up there- the sun, even though it wasn't present at the moment.

Nothing could out beat the glow coming from the sun, just like how nothing could out beat the light that shines from within.

At that moment, I fondly remembered when I had asked my dad why he loved stargazing so dearly.

He had replied me saying that stargazing with me was his most loved to do.

Memories- What would we be without them? 

Candidly, I didn't know if discovering I had a biologically father was a blessing or indeed a curse but what I was hundred percent sure of was that Derek, my protector, was always going to be regarded as my father, whether he was genetically related to me or not.

He had always been constantly there for me, supporting me and helping me when I was down. Derek in actual fact was my real father.

A huge sigh erupted from my lips.

"Alina?"  I turned back and saw that it was Lucas who called my name. I must have woken him up when I had cursed out loud.

"I'm sorry. I must have woken you up" I offered an apology.

Lucas smiled at me "It's fine" I couldn't see his intense attractive eyes due to the darkness.

He walked up to where I was and stayed by my side close to the window. This particular moment right now made me recall the first night Jaden and I actually bonded. I had to be honest with myself and confess how badly I missed Jaden.

The only thing I could do was hope and pray that he and Ellen were okay.

"Weird finding life in a black hole, huh?"  Lucas tried initiating a conversation. I looked at him with a puzzled expression.