Chapter 5 - Noceur

Ms Redwood- that was the evil social lady's name apparently, she introduced me to all the kids.

They all told me their names, but I wasn't even paying attention because I had a lot of things going on in my little head.

But at least I knew that there was a little girl bearing Cali too.

She showed me my room. I was going to be sharing the room with three other girls.

Afterwards, Ms Redwood left me and told me she had to go out.

Before she left, she advised me to get accustomed to the room and get to know my roommates.

The room was kind of big with two bunks and both bunks were adjacently next to each other. It was on the lower floor of the house.

The room was a bit messy with clothes, bags and shoes scattered everywhere.

God please help me I uttered to myself.

"I don't know if you got my name when I said it outside but I doubt you'd remember because it would have been too fast for you" A girl said- She looked sixteen "My name is Sully".

"Hello Sully" I replied "Sorry, I'm still trying to get used to everything" I apologized

My roommates reintroduced themselves again and I got their names this time around.

Sully is seventeen not sixteen like I had thought.

Something told me, I was going to like Sully a whole lot. She had this amazing magnetic personality that just naturally drew me to her- She reminded me of Anjola, but a better version of Anjola.

Gretel was another of my roommates, she was sixteen. She was short with dark hair and a few freckles on both her cheeks.

Ife was the youngest out of all my roommates apparently- She was just twelve. Ife had a very tiny stature and she had a dimple on her left side cheek which made her extremely beautiful.

Sully was going to be my bunk partner since Ife and Gretel were already bunk partners. We started talking and I realized that they were all pretty cool.

They all acted a bit matured for their age bracket. I figured they had to grow up a bit in their own way since they didn't have parents to care for them.

I learnt that her Ife's mother died while giving birth to her and her father didn't want her because he foolishly assumed that she was the main cause of her mother's death and immediately I felt disgusted.

The world was evolving and people had this narrow minded mentality? Why would you abandon your child just because your wife died in the process of giving birth to her? I mean.

Thinking about it made me truly sick in the guts. I didn't know this man but I hated him already.

While Gretel and Sully's parents died. Sully's parents died in car crash while Gretel's parents were killed in a robbery or something

We kept on talking and I told them how I landed in this foster home. Since they were Caliilable and seemed like nice people, I decided to share with them my ordeal that I had gone through.

They all agreed that it was pretty strange for my dad, I mean Mr Coleman, to kidnap me from my foster home

Sooner than later it was dinner time. We practically wheeled the whole day talking about various topics. I honestly didn't know time had already gone past so fast. I felt comfortable with these girls already and maybe just maybe I might actually like this foster home

Dinner went by with a blur. I wasn't really acquainted with everyone in the house yet, so it was still kind of weird. I got strange stares from most people. I sat down in between Sully and Ife; they never ceased to leave me out of the conversation.