Chapter 20 - Harrumph

Apparently, the journey to the policeman's house took longer than I expected. In about twenty-five minutes, we were there. A car was parked in front of his house meaning that he was in his house.

In all the movies I had watched, persuasion was the major way to make the bad guys talk but we didn't have any form of persuasion and he was a cop.

It became unclear to me how we were going to make him talk.

"Ermm, Jaden?" Jaden suddenly turned his head back to look at me. He had already parked the car.

"How are we going to make Adam talk?" I gently asked him.

"That's easy" Jaden told me "You still have the picture of the letter your dad left you?" I nodded in confusion.

"I need you to write down the contents of the letter on another sheet of paper and bring it along" Jaden informed me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just do it" He said with a smirk. I swiftly tore a sheet of paper from the note I carried along and scribbled the contents of the letter on it.

"Done" I told him.

I hope whatever plan he has in his head pans out well "Let's go" Jaden said.

"Genesis, you'll stay in the car, yeah?" I asked. I generally felt that he was exaggerating the pain that the injury brought because it was just a mere dog wound.

"As much as I hate to agree, yeah I'll stay" Genesis said with a grin.

He was definitely up to something "What are you up to weirdo?" I asked him telepathically.

"Not trying to bring both of you together is certainly not what I'm up too" He replied me in his mind with a smug smile

Shit, you conniving son of a- "C'mon Ali" Jaden said

Before I left, I gave Jaden a daggering glare. "Good luck" Genesis mouthed to me, making sure he didn't allow Jaden to hear.

After taking a deep breath, I tagged along with Jaden. We approached the porch leading to the house.

When we had reached the front door, Jaden knocked on the front door and we awaited a response. I had a glimpse around the surrounding. There was really nothing to see apart from a pathway and trees.

"Let me do most of the talking, okay? I got this" Jaden stated. He hadn't even waited for a response from me.

A minute later, the mysterious Adam came to open the door. He had on a stern expression "What are you kids looking for here?" He asked.

"Are you Mr Adam?" Jaden asked the man and he confirmed his identity by nodding. He didn't seem to recognize my face.

Maybe it was because it was dark outside.

"We have a very important matter to discuss with you" Jaden said very smartly "May we come in? Trust me, we aren't thieves or murderers" Jaden gave him a reassuring look.

Mr Adam looked sort of perplexed "Yeah sure"

We both entered and I had a glance around his house that seemed a tad bit empty. I saw his kitchen and I spotted the sitting room.

Inside the sitting room was just a couch and television. He had no paintings on the wall and no decorations. In summary, his house looked really dull with no form of life.

My suspicion was that he was a loner and enjoyed his own company "Does her face look familiar to you?" Jaden asked him as soon as we entered.

His eyes began assessing my face till his face turned to one of astonishment "You are the daughter to the man I arrested" He replied slowly.