Chapter 1 - Serendipity

S-E-R-E-N-D-I-P-I-T-Y,

Serendipity.

There was something special about that common word.

From my knowledge, it meant the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

"Serendipity" I called out.

Coincidentally, that was the single word used to describe the way my life panned out to be.

Have you ever experienced a surreal moment when you think your whole world is crashing down, everything is falling apart, you simply can't get anything done right, moreover peace of mind is far from your subconscious?

Well, I have been in that sad sandstorm before but then I realized what if things were actually falling apart for everything to get better in a more reassuring way?

What if you lost that job just to end up being a CEO for an influential company? What if you lost your mind but ended up with a more advanced mindset different from others?

Those what ifs are bound to change from the perspective you are looking at them from.

This is a story of a girl; A girl whose whole world fell apart just to come back together, a girl who never knew she had the fate of the entire world in her two dainty hands

That girl is me- Cali Coleman, a random ordinary 17 year old teenager who lived with her dad, my mom was a drug addict and almost drowned me in the bathtub during one of her numerous drug intake escapades when I was four.

Fortunately for me, my dad came right on time to be my superman.

Instantly, my dad realized how unsafe it was for me and decided to run away with me to Sege, a small town. I have lived there since I was four - at least that's what my dad told me, I was too young to remember anything anyways.

There was something peculiar about my memory; I only remembered the things I wanted too. If the events were dreadful, my brain would suppress them

To say the least, I adjusted quite easily in Sege. I was an ambivert and sometimes relating with people could be a strong point for me and sometimes it could be my Achilles heel.

The past seven years have been quite traumatizing. I wasn't really the socializing type and I kept on getting bullied especially in the first school I ever attended.

With much displeasure, I vividly remember when I had to go and pee during French class, our French teacher- Mrs. Belle called in sick on that fateful day. I had left my bottle on the table and by the time I was back the whole class was silent which was kind of suspicious to me but I thought it was just me being paranoid.

As I sat on my chair and continued reading Oliver Twist, I felt parched so I reached for my bottle to take a sip from my water bottle.

Unfortunately, I had a cold that day, so my nose was stuffed and I couldn't smell.

Immediately I took a sip from the bottle, I knew something was wrong because- first of all the whole had burst out laughing.

Plus the water tasted really funny.

At that moment, a girl called Britney shouted "Cali Coleman just drank David's pee"

When I heard those words I knew I was officially screwed.

Everyone's laughter got louder and I ran out of the class with a tear stained face.

That was my first bullying experience and yet little did I know there was a lot more to come. I wish I could narrate all the horrible bullying experiences like when I was beaten up in the closet for no exact reason and all the snide remarks.