Chapter 54 - Orphic

Jaden didn't even think about it twice before he stopped the car "What's wrong Ali?" I heard Jaden ask me but I was too dazed to answer.

Jaden had stopped the car on a bridge. Since it was very late, there were no cars passing by.

At once, I opened the door of my car and got out. I took a step backward to the door leading to the backseat where Lucas was seated.

"What are you doing Alina?" Lucas probed as I opened the door. I snubbed him, got in and literally dragged Lucas by the jacket out of the car.

"Alina, what's gotten into you?" Jaden shouted from the front seat. I paid no attention to him and kept staring at Lucas.

In a blink of an eye, Jaden got out of the car and was right beside me. I was still gripping Lucas' shirt very tight. I didn't want to give him an opportunity to escape and I also wanted to look at him eyeball to eyeball.

"Alina, what's wrong?" Jaden asked me. He probably thought I was a mad woman but trust me, I was far from being mad. I brought the stone totem I had shoved into my pocket out and put it in Lucas' face for him to see.

"For the three shall become one, huh?" I scornfully asked quoting what was written on the totem.

"What?" Jaden asked me with disdain and shock written all over his face. I paid no attention to Jaden's remark and glared at Lucas. I was waiting for him to respond to the question I had asked.

Lucas had a shamefaced expression that almost made me feel guilty but I shook it off. "What are you hiding from us exactly?" 

Perhaps coercing him to speak wasn't the brightest idea but he gave me no other choice. I was really sure he was hiding something from us- The quote I read from the stone totem gave it all away. I just earnestly hoped and prayed the quote had nothing to do with Zoey, Genesis and I.

He made no attempt to talk which just even frustrated me the more.

Jaden clasped me by shoulder and spun me around to his front "Alina, you have to tell me what's going on please"

"You want to know what is going on so badly?" I gave him the totem "See for yourself what's written on it"

He collected the totem from me and shone the torch at it. A minute later, I heard him curse loudly. Lucas was glued to the very spot we had left him in.

Jaden sighed "If indeed you want to get answers from him, you've got to be calm Ali" He advised "Being like this won't solve anything" I nodded my head because in a way I knew Jaden was somewhat right. I decided to change to tactics; possibly I had been too hard on him.

Impatiently, I rubbed both my hands on my face to give me some ease and I turned back to Lucas. "Lucas" I gently said "I know you know more than you had let us on"

His head was turned in the other direction. Even though, he acted like he wasn't listening, I low key knew he was.

"Please" I begged "I just want the truth- only the truth" I saw a grin appear on Jaden's lips and I knew this was what he wanted.

Nevertheless, Lucas still didn't look like he was ready to talk. I had tried everything, hadn't I?

Just when I was about to give up, I noticed Lucas lick his lips and heave slightly "What do you want to know?" I rolled my eyes when Jaden nudged to signify that his so called method had worked.

Jaden was a hot tempered person naturally and I was pretty sure if he was in my shoes, he would have resulted to the first method I had used.

"Everything" I replied quite hastily "What does the stone totem actually do? You only said it holds great power"