Chapter 6 - Lorn

Sully kept staring at me with a wide eyed expression awaiting an answer from me

Ohhh shit

I had completely forgotten that it was past midnight and people were soundly sleeping.

Would it be weird to tell her that my not-so-called dad that was arrested earlier escaped and came to see me? I mean I didn't want my dad to enter more trouble than he already was in.

I just called him my dad again, didn't I? Dang it. I was racking my brain for a lie at that moment but the truth was, I was never good at telling lies in the first place.

"She forgot her Teddy Bear and apparently she can't sleep without it" Mr Coleman quickly said. I looked at him with a puzzled look because I myself didn't buy that outrageous lie.

After contemplating for a while, I figured that telling her the truth was best since I had already told her about the whole kidnapping issue earlier. I signaled to him that it was fine.

"She practically knows the truth about the kidnapping thingy" I assured him "Plus I trust her" I added.

I actually trusted her to be quite honest. I might just have known her for like a few hours but I considered her to be like my little sister.

Her lips formed a smile as I said those words.

My dad stood completely still without uttering anything. He was still standing outside the window.

I noticed that he kept checking his watch- the watch. I remember how I had busted my ass washing cars and mowing lawns just to save up money for that watch. I had given him last year for his birthday.

Truly, time flies.

Sully caught on fast and guessed that the stranger in the room was my dad. "Could I maybe see you in private for a minute or two?"- He asked me.

After thinking about it thoroughly, I nodded. I told Sully to go to bed and I'd come and meet her.I decided to climb outside to talk to him since that would give us more privacy. I had a nagging feeling what he wanted to tell me was really important-for him to have escaped from jail.

My temper had actually cooled off. I had allowed my emotions get in the way previously. I was prepared to listen to what he wanted to say. It better be good- I convinced myself.

"Cali, I'm deeply sorry for kidnapping you from your foster home when you were little but I have no remorse for that action" I heard him say immediately I was outside.

My anger began rising again. Take a deep breath in, a deep breath out- I told myself."Besides, it's not like your foster parents were treating you alright. They were practically alcoholics and drunkards" He continued

It's actually funny how I don't really have a clear memory of all this. My earliest memories I could still recollect were the ones with this man standing in front of me.

"Still that didn't give you the right to kidnap me from my foster home" I argued as calmly as I could.

"I have limited time for this lotus flower, just listen okay?" He quickly answered

Lotus flower? That single word brought back a lot of memories. I was still his lotus flower?

As much as I hated the feeling I was kind of elated he still referred to me as his lotus flower. It was then I bitterly realized that no matter what happened, this man or stranger standing in front of me would always have a significant role in my life.

Shame

"Okay" I tenaciously agreed. He looked down to the wristwatch to probably check the time before looking up to me and uttering the seven words that changed everything- "You have to go meet the others"