Chapter 13: Going Home and Making Amends

After a few weeks on a ship, Fred, Amy, Teddy, and I were back in Concord. We went to the March's home to tell them the news about us getting married. Teddy knocked on the door and someone opened it.

"Jo," Teddy said with a smile.
"Teddy," she exclaimed. "Oh, this is magic!"
"You are absolutely," he began before being cut off by Jo.
"Covered in flour. Oh, dear! Come in," Jo said.
"No, Jo, not yet. May I tell you something without the others? You're my dear friend. I'm glad you shall be the first to know," Teddy said.
"What," she asked.
"May I present...my wife," Teddy answered before moving out of the way so Jo could see me.

"Jo," I said as she and I embraced.
"Oh, dear Emmy! It's so good to see you," she said.
"It's good to see you as well," I said.

"Did she bother you with her preening," Jo asked.
"Yes, but I love it," Teddy replied with a small laugh.
"Are you in love," Jo asked.
"Very much so, yes. Jo, I want to say one thing, and then we'll put it away forever. I have always loved you, but the love I feel for Emmy is different. You were right. We would have killed each other," Teddy answered.
"What does Emmy call you," Jo asked.
"My lord," Teddy replied jokingly.

"Teddy," I scolded.
"I'm only kidding, my dear," he said.

"Come in. Come in. Everyone will want to see the both of you," Jo said while leading us into the parlor.

Amy and I had been telling everyone of our European travels. It felt good to be home.

"I went to Europe to paint
the great cathedrals...but I couldn't get our home out of my mind," Amy said
"Oh, look how Amy has captured Orchard House," Mrs. March said.

"Oh, it's beautiful," Meg said.
"Not as beautiful as I wanted, but I am still learning," Amy said.

I was fawning over one of Meg's twins that Jo was holding as Teddy watched from afar.

"Dear little angel. Jo, you must tell me the truth as a sister, which is a relation stronger than marriage. Do you mind at all," I asked while referring to the fact that Teddy and I are married.
"Oh, I'm so glad you see me as a sister, but no. I was surprised. Mind you, I had it on good authority that our Teddy would never love another,
and now he's gone and gotten married," she said.

"It's good to hear you call me 'Teddy' again," Teddy said as he knelt beside me.

"At last, we're all family as we always should have been. You must promise me that you will always live close by. I couldn't bear losing another sister," Jo said.
"We will, Jo," I said with a smile as Teddy placed his hand on mine.

It felt nice to be back home with the people that I love. Life certainly will not be the same without Beth, but I've got Teddy, Meg, Jo, and Amy to make it worthwhile.

A/N: Sorry for a short chapter to end this story. I hope you enjoyed the story as well.