Chapter 11

"Psst, Archer, Archer" A voice said, waking me up.

"W-what" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"It's Rapqa. Listen kid, I woke you up early to let you know that today's the games."

"I know, you don't have to remind me of my death sentence." I whimpered. She would have to drag me out of this bed and into the arena.

"Ugh, basically I'm saying today's the last hour we get to work with our own tribute dummy." She replied, annoyed by me. "So, I will hand you your clothes. Put them on and meet me and Harry downstairs" Rapqa smiled. She handed me some folded garments, eventually leaving the room so I could change.

Today's the day. As I put the clothes on I honestly cried a little. This may be the last day. I didn't even care anymore. It is time. I faced the mirror, looking at myself. A 13 year old boy with red cheeks from crying. A short boy with sandy brown hair and blue eyes. I studied my clothing; a dark green shirt over a golden mockingjay necklace with brown pants and black boots. I hadn't even had a life to live yet. Tears began to flow down my cheeks rapidly, and by the time I came out of my room, my eyes were puffy, my face sunken from the tears I wept.

I walked out of the lounge, going down the hallway to my doom. The door holding the screen showing the destruction of my home was displayed there, and I didn't think to even give it a second glance. I walked down the stairs at the end of the hallway slowly, sliding my hands down the cool railing. Once I got to the bottom, I saw Harry and Rapqa huddled together, admiring me.

"You poor boy, your cheeks are all red from crying." Harry grabbed me, hudling me in her arms. I hugged her back, unsure of what to do.

"Are you ready?" She asked, sympathetic for the first time ever.

"I'm ready," I said, unready. Just as I said that, Cyrus began to come down the stairs quietly. She basically had the same outfit as me on. She showed no signs of weakness except for her puffy eyes. Rapqa and Harry grasped her, hugging her too. Then Torin came down.

"Hey guys!" he cheerfully implied, only to be denied by the mood of everyone. He wore a green tux covered in glitter. He walked over to me, clenching me then slapping me on the back. "Best of luck my friend. I will take Cyrus." He clutched her shoulder, them both walking towards the door out to death.

"Oh, and by the way Torin, the way to the arena is This way." She emphasized.

"Um, oh." Once again, he changed direction, heading towards us.

We walked together just outside our training center into a train. I didn't know exactly where the arena was, but it wasn't very far from the Capitol. The train cart we got on this time just had couches and a screen. We all sat down silently. The screen zapped on but I think everyone there but it seemed like none of us even cared for what it was saying, except, maybe Torin.

"Are you guys hungry?" Harry suddenly asked.

"Um sure." I replied. I looked over to Cyrus, who also nodded her head. The truth was I wasn't hungry at all, I had lost my appetite to this day. However, if I wanted to survive in the Hunger Games, I needed some food. Harry walked over to a small drawer in the side of the train. She pulled it out, revealing some sort of oven with dough in globs.

"Almost done." Harry squealed, trotting around it to grab plates. Today she was wearing a tight neon green pencil skirt with a matching blazer and funky high heeled sequin boots. Her hair was done up all fancy, and her curls almost looked fake. After struggling to find them, Harry put the trays on the counter. She fiddled around with them until Cyrus unexpectedly stood up and showed her what to do with the plate. She put the now browned bread on the plates, then Harry and her distributed them among us.