Chapter # 4

The sound of music dispersed in the air as everyone gathered for the special occassion of Maisha and Adeel’s wedding, it was a lively event an indication of a lovely start, filled with vivid colors for everyone except Adeel who felt trapped there. The music and connection of the heart was far from him, he couldn’t comprehend around what’s happening, it’s increasing his anxiety but left with no choice but to comply.

Meanwhile Maisha’s exhilaration and nervousness was well past its peak. She couldn’t believe it finally became true, the dream of years, the years she devoted are boring fruit. 

On the occasion of Baraat, everyone awaited the bride and knowing Maisha when she came, looking no less than an angel descended from heaven, grace dripping from her every inch, feeling as if petals showers from her step, it was clear she was the beauty everyone was compelled to espy when she took a step with those lowered gaze of heavy lashes, the makeup and heaving lehenga enhancing her beauty. 

Appealing to capture any heart in her gaze but the one she desired to imprison the one who had no interest in her, disregarding the fact the definition of elegance was coming from him but his mind was wrapping around the old-fashioned betrothed talk and forced into this. Sparing a glance at her, he did nothing. He looked at her for a second with a black expression. 

Maisha’s heart began to race but he then turned away. What is left to say anyways? He emits a deep breath, wanting the ceremony to end and leave for their flight to America after Waalima

 “Adeel bhai.” Javeria called him. “How’s bhabhi looking?” Idress asked, standing behind them. “Maybe bhai is shy, that’s why he stole a glance.” Javeria and Idress continued to tease him while he only listened, blinking. Maisha noticed his look and wondered what happened to this hardened expression. Maybe that’s how he is. She shrugged this thought off. 

“What am I supposed to say?” Finally after a while Adeel asked. “Look at her and tell her how she looks.” Idrees suggested and Javeria nodded. “Yes.” 

Adeel sighed and turned his attention to Maisha who was looking down, curling her freezing toes to calm her vexation but it was hard for her when his eyes locked with her. Nervously, she lifted her heavy eyelids and met him, gulping. The innocent glimmering on her face made her more enchanting and Adeel knew the two devil won’t let him go he said quickly, “You are looking very pretty.” Adeel quickly moved away back to his comfort zone of silence. 

“O~ Someone is shy.” He teased but soon they left. Maisha could clearly see he wasn’t shy but there was something but she didn’t ask. 

Later the time for Nikkah came,

“Adeel Murtaza wal Shahid Murtaza, your nikkah has been determined with Maisha Sheikh wal Ishfaq Sheikh with 100,000 haq meher, do you accept it?” 

His heart skipped a beat, he never thought this is how he would get married but there’s no escape. He closed his eyes, inhaling deeply to clear his mind and breathed out in a firm tone,

“I accept.”

“I accept.”

“I accept.”

Then all eyes were upon Maisha who was nervous to the core, not believing this moment is coming and her life will be connected to Adeel forever. 

“ Maisha Sheikh wal Ishfaq Sheikh , your nikkah has been determined with Adeel Murtaza wal Shahid Murtaza with 100,000 haq meher, do you accept it?” 

Her voice stuck in her throat, this was the moment where her life would take a new turn and she would be bound to it forever. It was unnerving to think about it but there's no turning back. 

With a shaky breath, she replied, 

“I accept.”

“I accept.” 

“I accept.”

Blessings and Duas were made for the newlyweds to have a happily married life as the start of their journey together, praying for them to lead a voyage of endless smiles and affections. 

Later, Time for Maisha's rukhsati came and with heavy heart she said goodbye to her family, it was unfathomable for her to leave the place she once called home but she accepted it as her new life with a partner who was hers since the beginning. 

They reached home, did some rituals which took a while but Maisha was enlivened by everything while Adeel still had his expressionless face which bother her. 

And eventually, after everything, the couple finally went to their room as their wedding night came. Maisha was just sitting looking around the room waiting for him, nervousness laced in her breaths as her heart pounded rapidly by each passing second. By each second time here closer, her tingling sensations increased, turned her body cold. After a while he came with a bored and tired look and glanced at Maisha who was waiting for him with hope in her eyes for a new start. 

"You didn't sleep yet?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at her while opening his first two buttons. His voice was blank with no glint of affection or something she imagined.

"I.. was waiting for you.." She replied timidly. "There's no need for that" He said seriously sighing while holding his forehead. Exhaling, he shrug his shoulders while she stared at him patiently.

"You can just go and change your dress and sleep.You must be tired." He said while sitting on bed, not even looking at her. Maisha didn't know what to say or do so she complied on his words. Gathering her heavy dress and getting out of the bed, biting her cheeks to contain her emotions and be not quick to judge his sharp features. She was about to get up but he said again "Oh yeah I forgot, here's your Mu Dikhai." He took out a box from his side table's drawer and handed it to her, still not interested. She took it from him and asked "What's inside this box?"  The box wrapped in pretty paper aroused her hopes once again.

"I don't know, just bought it when Mom insisted so check it out if it's nice or not- or what exactly in it." He replied nonchalantly. "Okay..." She trailed off and opened the box then saw a very eye-catching diamond bangle, the glimmer made her awestruck by the choice of such an appealing sight of jewelry. "It's.. beautiful.." She breathed out, lips curling in a smile. Adeel rolled his eyes and mumbled, "You liked it?..Good. At least my energy didn't get waste"

"It didn't.. really-" She began to say but he cut her off by saying  "I think you should get change and sleep. I'm tired and I know you are as well."  She slightly nodded to his strict words and responded timidly, "Y-Yeah"

Disappointed Maisha then went to the bathroom where she struggled with her massive dress and jewelry, all the get up done for her husband wasted as he didn't even complimented wholeheartedly. She went to the washroom and changed her dress and freshened up. Taking a shower to soothe her body and mind, she got out of the washroom and saw Adeel was sleeping peacefully. She made an exhausted yet disappointed face it his lack of interest. She then sat on bed and watched him sleeping for a while. After a while of contemplating his form with captivation, she also fell asleep.