Chapter # 6

The next day, the couple woke up, as usually without exchanging much words, pretending the other person doesn't exist. Things were made in the spur of nothingness, not removing affliction by talking things out. Maisha woke up, a cold affectation forming on her face, pissed at Adeel's lack of attention. She got up, took out his clothes, walked out and cooked breakfast. A frown plastered on her face but trying her best to not show it.

Soon, everyone came for breakfast. None of them said anything, only sat down, keeping their cool and not talking but as soon the breakfast started and Idrees asked casually, "How was the dinner last night?" Maisha rolled her eyes, muttering, "Lacking voice." She mocked, not looking up from her food.

"What do you mean?" He asked. She sighed, "Meaning, I thought I was alone since your brother seemingly can't speak." Maisha returned him a deride smile and continued to eat.

"Adeel." Shahid called him sternly, "Yeah..?"

"What is Maisha saying?"

"I was tired." He mumbled the reply, not bothering to look up. "Hmph." She scoffed, getting up. Took her plates and put them in the kitchen, hearing Shahid and his wife scolding Adeel for his deficiency of attention towards Maisha.

"You should take some responsibility, acting dryly won't take you anywhere." This continued and when Adeel finished, he didn't want to argue so he only replied, "Hmm. We will see next time." No even trying to show he is interested in trying, making Maisha dejected but she was pissed more than disheartened.

Maisha went to their room and saw Adeel getting ready for work, wearing the clothes she took out for him. Sighing she walked closer and picked the tie from the bed, coming to wrap it around his neck but he stopped her.

"You don't have to do it." He told her coldly. "Why?"
"Because I have been doing this before. I can do this now too." His icy voice came, taking the tie from her and wrapping it around. "Fine." Maisha muttered and moved, leaning on the wall, arms closed at her chest, just watching him getting ready.

Soon he spoke up without looking at her, taunting, "Felt good after complaining?"

"I didn't say anything wrong." She replied nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders. "You didn't even bother to try or at least smile." She spoke to herself but he heard it. "Because I didn't want to." He replied, setting his hair.

"I don't see you wanting to ever since our marriage." She said, narrowing her eyes at him. "Then don't bother." He said, looking for his watch. She exhaled, pinching the bridge of her nose in disappointment. Opening the drawer, she took out his watch and gave it to him, "You are not ever trying." She told him deadpanned. He took the watch and wore it, responding, "Because I don't want to."

She gasped a little, "Wha- Why?"

"Because I can't pretend to be happy." He told her in a straightforward tone. She only looked at him in disbelief, "Are you calling our marriage a charade?"

"I don't know about it. I am getting late for work."

With a deep frown, she said when his back faced her, "Huff, fine. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." He replied and left.

A few weeks went by, things were like this. Adeel totally ignored Maisha's presence. Considering her disdain, he disregarded his responsibilities as a husband. The load of work made him even more neglected towards her.

"I told you, didn't I ? To double check then how the hell this glitch could come in the reports!?" He yelled at his employees, pacing around with a scowl lingering over his face. "Sir we did."

"Then how the hell did you miss it?" He hissed, standing in front of them. "I told you, didn't I, the audit is coming and I don't want any mistakes, then how the hell did this happen!?" He yelled, growling with a dark aura surrounding him, utterly pissed at his workers who failed to do their work properly. "We're sorry, Sir."
"I don't want this damn apology. Three days. If on Monday this gap wouldn't be fixed, you shall pay for it with your job." He threatened.

"Y-Yes, Sir."

After an extremely stressful day at work, he was exhausted to the core, wanting to rest for a while, trying to resist his wrath and tiredness behind an affect-less frontage.

He entered, put his office bag in the corner, loosen his tie and open a few buttons of his shirt, throwing his coat on the bed, running his hand in his hair frustratedly, he sat down, closing his eyes for a moment, leaning back on the seat, ignoring his messy form for a while, rubbing his temples, trying to ease the tension building in his mind but to no avail.

Maisha quietly entered the room, turning on the light and walking to him, "Assalam O Alaikum, you're back." She said softly, coming inside, standing in front of him, noticing his worry, "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." He replied, without looking at her. "Shall I serve dinner?" She asked, looking at the time as the clock struck twelve and everyone else was sleeping except them. "No. I am not hungry." He replied, tightening his grip because of the headache. "Adeel... are you alright?" She asked hesitantly, bringing her hand close to touch his shoulder but he yanked her hand away, "I am tired, don't disturb me." He told her sternly.

"You're always tired." She said innocently, tilting her head to get a clear look of his distressed face. "When you know then why are you bothering me?"

"What's wrong I did if I ask?" She asked, taking a step back. "Nothing. I just want to be alone."

"What do you want me to do huh? Get out of this room? Sleep outside?" She mocked, getting tired at his constant rude behavior towards her. "Look Maisha, I am just tired, just leave me alone." He told her as calmly as possible.

"That's the problem, you are always tired, don't even bother to try things out." She was losing her patience with him. "Because I don't want to try." He told her, making her heart clench by his heavy words. "Our marriage was fixed for so long that you are still saying this." She said, not believing his words. He stood up, an infuriated face forming over his face. Putting his hand in pocket, he took a step forward, standing in front of Maisha, telling her in a low tone, "Look Maisha, don't perturb me."

She chuckled dryly, running her hand in her hair, rolling her eyes, "Yeah, right. My presence only makes you tired. Fine then, stay here!" She yelled but not too loudly and stormed out of their room with a growl escaping her lips continuously by his ceaseless grumpiness towards her. 

***

We apologize for not uploading but we will try our best to upload a chapter a week and not take a long break from now on.

Thank you for being Patient!

Bobo&Fofo