Chapter # 13

Next day Maisha went to the address which Azlan sent her to, she was skeptical about her idea of attending them, quite nervous too.

She reached her painting class, Maisha's eyes widened by looking at how many vibrant colors were painted on the walls of her class, the sparking sight brought a smile to her lips admiring Azlan for his creativity.

After a while Azlan reaches there. When he noticed Maisha actually came, it brought a bubbling grin, setting his hairs as he went to her, "Hey!" He called her from behind happily, she turned back with a wide grin, "Hey.." She said then nervously she tugged her hairs, averting her gaze. Azlan was looking at her mesmerizingly, waiting for her to say which she couldn't. "You're amazing..." She breathed out, inspecting the area, "Thanks." He smiled, delighted at her compliment.

"Um.. I don't think I can do this.." She said timidly, "Do what?" He said, Maisha turned with a grin at the beautiful sight before her. "This.. see, everything is so beautiful here and I'm sure learning to paint here will be full of excitement and we'll- I mean I want to.. but.." she trails off, Azlan took a step closer, "Why are you thinking so much? It's you who mentioned that you wanted to learn something new.. or do something, right?" He said calmly, Maisha looked at him excitedly, " I know right.. but you know.. there is something inside me which causes some kind of repulsion whenever I try to do something.. so I thought.. I will not enjoy this too.. " She said sadly, Azlan, who couldn't understand her words fully, gave her a smile and patted her shoulder.

"Do what your heart says, if you don't enjoy this then just tell me. " He said sweetly, which made her face look a bit happy, "I'll never let you get bored.. okay?" He grinned. Maisha smiled for a moment and then both of them went to their seats.

Maisha was nervous, she wanted to do something new, experience new things, away from that heartbreak which is drowning and drowning her hopes more and more everyday. She needed a reprieve from the person who was supposed to be hers from long ago but fate has written something else for her.

Soon Maisha was enjoying the every bit, Azlan was teaching her which brush or which color to choose and the happiness on Maisha's face, the truth is Adeel can bring it on her face by literally doing nothing and just- by just smiling at her and she knows that too very well that he'll never do that single little thing too.

Finally this day, away from reality comes to an end, their painting finished and Maisha's heart thudded loudly by thinking can this night where she'll go home and Adeel will be sitting beside her- something will change?

They both got out and Azlan offered to walk her home, which she refused because she was too blind to go to that husband of hers who never pays attention to her.

At home, at the dinner table, Adeel was eating dinner and using his phone as usual, thinking about this whole daily routine of some boring marriage which will only last if he ignores her or doesn't need any partner, even someone who loves him dearly.

Both were eating in silence but Maisha spoke up, "Adeel.." he only hummed, "Today was my first painting class.." she said faintly, and looking at him hopefully, "Painting class?" He said, which brought some happiness to the thing that he asked, "Yes, and it was so enjoyable. It was so exciting, everything and every paint there was beautiful you know? There are so many talented people in the world.. I just saw today.." She told him excitedly, he only glanced at her from time to time, then she suddenly went and brought her today's painting with her.

"See, of course I Am not that professional.. but again, it's the first day of my class, I think I'll enjoy this.." She said and ended with a smile, then she looked at him and he looked tired. "Maisha.. I'm too sleepy to even listen because today was too hectic, tomorrow? Okay?" He said coldly and went to their room. Maisha looked at Adeel going to the room with a sad face,

The tomorrow which you said.. as if it is actually going to come.. she chuckled dryly to herself, and after a while they both fell asleep.

Next day before coming to painting class, Azlan was looking at himself in the mirror.

Am I a fool? But.. I can't even control my mind to wander anywhere but.. to her thoughts or.. neither my heart.. She is married dammit! he thought and smiled sadly, shaking his head to shrug out negative thoughts and went to Maisha.

When he went to the painting class, Maisha was already there prepared everything, waiting for Azlan and when he came she immediately bring him to her seat, "See, I have thought all very well what we will draw-" she said excitingly " No, I'm the one who is teaching and paints here.. you get it?" He teased her, but she smiled and nodded.

After some time she finished and was happy being here, again Azlan, today as well asked her if he can walk her to her home by, she took his offer and they were going, "Maisha.." Azlan said while walking beside her, "Hmm?" She hummed, "Do you miss Pakistan?" He asked, glancing at her, she looked at him a bit confused, "Why do you ask out of the blue?" She asked, "Because I do.. Now the answer?" He said, smiling a little.

"Um.. Of course I miss Pakistan.. I miss everything about there.. everyone...Dadi, Mama, Baba, My Friend Javeria.. " He hummed, and she continued, "But.. when I thought of one person I want to live with, whether it's Pakistan or any corner of the world with.." She trailed off, curling her lips to a sad smile, "He is already with me.. I can't miss more than this.." She was immersed in dejection. Can I?

Azlan looked at her confused, "But why are you saying this sadly? I mean.. this is something to be happy about.. right?" He asked, Maisha shook her negative thoughts out of her head which were just about to start coming in her mind because none other than Adeel. "Yeah.. yeah you're right, I was just.. um.. missing my family.." She chuckled nervously.

"Suddenly." She said, he smiled and looked straight, "I miss my family too.. You know.. When I became a painter my parents were proud but I have to move to New York and they live in Florida.. I.. came here to help them.. trying hard everyday to become better and better to make my parents proud and make them happy. Life here is not easy as they speak.. That's why, I want to be successful and never let any problem come near them.. never ever they get upset or tensed because of money and specially because of.. me.." he smiled sadly, getting lost in his talk but a sudden realization hit him and he glanced at her, got a little embarrassed, "Oh, I don't know what you will think-" he said, "No, no.. it's totally okay.. But, why are you telling me all this?" She asked innocently, he smiled to himself and by not looking at her, "I don't know.. just felt like it.." he said, "I see.." she said.

After a while, suddenly Maisha went and bought ice cream for them both, "You don't have to.." he said, but she smiled and started eating, "Of Course I have to.. you are my first friend here.. this is the least than least I can do.." she chuckled, he smiled while staring at her,

I wonder how lucky her husband is.. because.. he is her husband.. not a friend who becomes her friend after her marriage.. my bad- O God what am I gonna do? He thought furiously and moved his gaze from her face, as they continued their walk,

"You're a nice- no.. very nice person Azlan.. I hope your wish to become successful and make your parents happy and proud becomes true... well, on the other hand, you did already being so famous and talented..." she smiled sweetly at him after saying this, which made him stare at her more, with loud and steady heartbeats, a satisfactory smile on his face he stares at her,

God she is beautiful- she noticed that he's not looking forward, She looked at him that he's looking at her and not straight, before she says anything, "Your husband is so lucky.." he smirked a little to himself and moved back, eating his ice cream, Maisha blinked, she stopped for a second.

After she went home she sat on the couch with a straight face deeply in thoughts.

You can say that Azlan.. but I'm not sure if I am not lucky to have him as my husband.. or.. him? Because I don't think he'll ever think like this..