Part 25

"So let me get this straight: we got hit with an age ray that turned us into teenagers, but it also took away our memory, so don't remember the last few years?"

"That's the simple version, anyway."

"And the Clone War is still going on?"

"Unfortunately."

Anakin rubbed his head, groaning. "Great."

"I had no idea it would last this long," Obi-Wan mused, stroking the invisible beard on his chin. "At least tell me it will be ending soon?"

Kix shrugged, starting to feel bad for 'General' Tano. She had to explain this every time? "No idea. They say it is, but they've been saying that for four years, so..."

"If we lost our memory, and this is years in the future, where is everyone else?" Anakin asked.

"Out there, waiting for you," he answered, pointing out to the waiting room. He was grateful for a change in subject. "Commander Cody, Captain Rex, and General Tano are waiting for you."

"General?!?" Anakin and Obi-Wan repeated at the same time. With a look at each other, they lept out of their beds and rushed for the doors. 

When they opened, they saw all three of them standing there, and sure enough, Ahsoka looked much older than either of them remembered. They froze for a moment, slack-jawed and eyes gaping. 

"I told them!" Kix called from the lab before the doors closed, much to the amusement of the others. 

Ahsoka couldn't help it. She had a feeling she knew exactly what was going through their heads and it was impossible not to grin. Crossing her arms, she did her best not to react to the soldiers stifling their laughter behind her. "Welcome back."

"Ah... Ahsoka?"

"Master," she greeted him, and the clones laughed harder. 

From beside Anakin, Obi-Wan was having a stroke. "How old?"

"Nineteen-ish."

"Oh, blazes," he groaned, leaning on a nearby counter for support. Cody lost it.

Anakin wasn't doing much better. "No way. When did this happen?"

"Oh, a few months ago," Ahsoka answered, crossing her arms. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Just try to keep up."

If Ahsoka's appearance was surprising, her cheeky response was worse. That was his thing! 

Rex couldn't help it, Skywalker's face was just too good. He glared at Rex. "What's your problem?"

"Oh, I'm going to enjoy this," he laughed. Rex wasn't sure how he had ever kept it together when he was this young before. 

"We're going to go find Jesse," Cody said, composing himself for a few moments. "Let us know when you need us to take over."

"Will do," Ahsoka affirmed. "We'll probably be in the mess hall before long."

"Copy that," he replied, and he and Rex left the infirmary. As soon as the doors closed though, the Jedi could hear them laughing outside in the hall. Ahsoka had a feeling they were about to tell Jesse about Anakin and Obi-Wan's reactions.

Speaking of, they were still in shock. "So... you grew up."

She just shrugged, not making a big deal out of it. "Had to happen sometime. And before you ask, I'm taller than Obi-Wan."

Anakin grinned at his master, who didn't look pleased with the news. "Wonderful. Add it to the list. Ahsoka, what is going on?"

"We're trying to get you back to normal," Ahsoka explained, looking at both of them. "We're chasing the Separatist doctor who made the age ray. Once we board the ship, we'll take it and use the beam to reset you to the ages you're supposed to be. We'll destroy the machine, destroy the ship, and get back to Coruscant."