Part 32

Kix met Ahsoka in the waiting area after she walked out of the lab. "Good talk?"

"Yeah," she answered as the doors closed. "Thanks."

"Did they drink the water?"

"Uh, Obi-Wan did," she remembered. "Anakin probably will eventually. Why?"

Instead of answering, he just smiled and waited for her to connect the dots.

"...you spiked the water, didn't you?"

"Yep. They'll be out for most of the hyperspace jump back to Coruscant. By the time they wake up, they should remember everything they've forgotten, or at least close to it."

Ahsoka crossed her arms and shook her head. "If there's one thing that I've learned from this mission, it's that you're a lot sneakier than you let on about. What other tricks do you have up your sleeve?"

He shook his finger at her, grinning. "That's classified."

She knew better than to keep trying. "Did the others say where they were going?"

"The captain and the commander are sending a report to Coruscant, letting them know everything is good here. I think Jesse is breaking out the alcohol in the mess hall."

"I'm so shocked," she said, rolling her eyes. 

Kix laughed, then led her into the back storage room. Ahsoka didn't come back here often, but she saw Kix reach down by the fridge where he kept special medicines, ones that had to stay cold. She was surprised when he instead pulled out a bottle of Retsa. "I'll tell you one other secret: you know how General Kenobi always insists that painkillers don't work on him?"

She did, but she remained silent as she eyed the bottle with wide eyes. 

"West, the medic for the 212th, said that one day, years ago, Kenobi showed up with a bottle of this and told him to keep it in storage. He's kept a steady supply there ever since and made sure I had some once we realized Kenobi would be working with the 501st."

Ahsoka was tempted to facepalm. Of course, Obi-Wan would ask West to keep Retsa on his cruiser. "But he's already passed out. Why does he need it now?"

"Who said anything about giving it to Kenobi?" Kix asked, popping the cap off. "Glasses are in that cabinet. Grab four."

Grinning, she grabbed the glasses and followed him back out to the waiting area. Seeing as Jesse was already breaking out drinks in the mess hall, it seemed fitting.

"How did you get it?"

"Oh, I didn't. General Kenobi keeps West supplied, and West passes it on to me whenever he gets a new stock. You know us. We can barely keep a steady supply of TrooperBreath on board."

"That makes more sense," Ahsoka admitted. "I guess I'm not surprised that Obi-Wan knows where to find Retsa."

"General Tano, are you familiar with Retsa? What have you been up to on Coruscant?"

She laughed at his insinuation. "Oh, no, it's not that. I live in the Lower Levels, Kix. We can't afford it. I just remember it from the surface casinos we used to barge into on missions."

That made a lot more sense. Retsa was known for being on the stronger end of the spectrum, which is probably why Obi-Wan used it as a 'painkiller.' "Have you tried it?"

"Once. Obi-Wan was surprisingly lenient about drinking before I left. He told me not to tell Anakin."

Kix snorted as Rex and Cody walked back in. Pointing behind his shoulder, Rex warned, "We're going to have our work cut out for us by the end of the night. The mess hall is earning its name."