Part 33

"Hey, look who decided to wake up."

Ahsoka rubbed the sleep from her eyes with one hand. The other was being squeezed by Anakin's, still hanging on from the night before. She squeezed back while replying to the jab. "Dealing with you two losing your memory is exhausting."

"Oh, I can imagine," Obi-Wan agreed from his bunk. Ahsoka sat up and turned so she could see both of them. "You'll be happy to know that we've made a full recovery. We remember everything up until the moment we first regressed in the hangar."

"Do you remember everything that's happened since?"

"Sort of," Anakin explained. "We remember it, but it's all in the past. All of the memories are spread out, going backward. They're just random bits interrupting whatever else we remember from one, two, three, four years ago."

"At least, that's what we think happened," Obi-Wan admitted. "We were talking before you woke up, trying to piece everything together. We may need some help filling in the blanks."

She nodded. "Don't worry, my memory is still in one piece. At least, I hope it is," she muttered before activating her comlink. "Kix, do you need us to clear out of the infirmary? The Jedi are up and back to normal."

"Yesh, we might have a few boys check in," he said, groaning. It sounded like he was dragging somebody. "And I thought you used to be a lightweight. These shinies don't know what hit 'em."

The three of them snickered, sharing the mental image of Kix and probably a few others with wasted clones slung over their shoulders. 

"Just check their vitals, test their memory. If everything's fine, let 'em go. The Temple will want to do their own assessment anyway."

"Will do." Ahsoka glanced at the monitors near Anakin and Obi-Wan's heads, saw that all of their vitals were stable and resting, then looked at them. "When Obi-Wan was nineteen, who was taller?"

Obi-Wan scowled while Anakin grinned. "You are," he answered, much to Obi-Wan's annoyance. 

"What was Anakin missing on his face?"

"His scar."

Anakin immediately reached up to make sure it had returned. "It's back, right?"

Laughing, Ahsoka nodded. "Yes, it's back. I still don't get why you kept getting so worked up over it."

"It looks cool. Don't judge."

"Whatever you say," she told him as they started to rise out of the medical bunks. "Come on. Kix could probably use some help."

Before letting go, Anakin squeezed her hand one more time. He didn't necessarily know why, but it was some silent reassurance that all was well.

The three of them walked to the mess hall together, where half of the men were lounging against tables, the wall, each other, anything that would support them. Music played in the background, suggesting that the party had been much more lively a few hours ago. Kix, Rex, Cody, and a few others passed out water to a few particularly drunk (and notably shiny) troopers in the corner.

Obi-Wan crossed his arms, smirking. "It seems that we missed all the fun."

"No kidding," Anakin agreed before letting out a sharp whistle. "Back to bunks!!! Come on, everybody up!"

Groaning filled the room as people started to move, eager to reunite with their beds but unwilling to walk all the way to the barracks. Anakin and Obi-Wan started pulling people to their feet while Ahsoka grabbed the mop out of the back closet.

She passed Kix on the way back. "Infirmary's open," she told him, pointing out the door. "How many?"

"Seven," he complained, hauling one of the drunk shinies over his shoulder. "At least two of them have alcohol poisoning, and the jury's still out on a third."