Part 3

Ahsoka didn't move for many moments due to her initial shock. 

If she was being honest, Anakin didn't look too strange. It was clear that something had happened to him, but it still looked like Anakin Skywalker. A younger Anakin Skywalker. In fact, he looked very similar to how he had looked the day she had met him except for his robes. They were just a little bit big, but only if you looked close enough. 

It was Obi-Wan that really threw her for a loop. His beard was just...gone. Completely gone. His face was clean shaven and so much younger than Ahsoka had ever seen it. She had never seen him as a teenager before. Both he and Anakin couldn't be more than a couple years older than Ahsoka was right now.

Once she realized what had happened, it took all of her willpower to not dissolve into laughter. She covered her mouth with one hand and crossed the other over her chest. "I see the problem," she announced.

"Yeah, ya think?" Anakin groaned, raising an eyebrow at her. It was clear he would have complained more if not for the presence of Windu and Yoda.

Speaking of, Windu began explaining. "We were in the middle of a mission when they were hit with an age ray. The next time I looked over, they were passed out in the middle of the floor and they looked like...this."

Ahsoka looked at the Jedi Master, her glee momentarily forgotten. "An age ray?"

"We don't understand it either," Obi-Wan admitted, and Ahsoka tried not to react to how different his voice sounded. "All we do have is a copy of the blueprints to the design."

"If the Separatists learn of this, take advantage of it, they will," Yoda went on, and Ahsoka forgot about the age ray. "Powerful, the 501st and 212th Battalions are. Dooku will try to destroy them if he learns their leaders are hindered."

"In other words, we need to get both of them back to their proper ages before it has consequences," finished Windu, crossing his arms.

Well, that much was unanimously agreed upon. Ahsoka had other questions, though. "Do we have a location on the age ray?"

Obi-Wan spoke up, trying to not be left out of the conversation. "We found the ray at a Separatist laboratory in the Inner Rim. It may not be there anymore, but it is a start."

"So the two of you need to go back to the lab, secure the ray...thing, and use it again on yourselves. Are we planning on destroying it after that?"

"Assuming we don't find any other test subjects, yes."

"Okay, that much makes sense," Ahsoka decided, "but where do I fit into all of this?"

The four Jedi all looked at each other instead of Ahsoka. After a moment, all eyes settled on Master Windu, who exhaled and took one for the team. "I'm afraid the clone troopers will react somewhat...inappropriately when they learn of their generals' condition. We need someone they respect to facilitate the mission to ensure that it runs effectively."

Translation: you finally get to babysit them for a change, the Sister cackled in Ahsoka's head, almost making her crack again. 

Windu kept talking. "Your rank of commander will be temporarily restored to you again until Skywalker and Kenobi have been re-aged and are capable of commanding their battalions again. Both the 501st and the 212th will be at your disposal for the duration of the mission, because they're on board the same cruiser right now and we don't have time to separate them. You will hold all the priveledges and responsibilities...you get the idea. Do you accept this commission?"

"Uh, yeah. Sounds good," Ahsoka responded, still trying not to laugh. Anakin was looking at her with a death glare and it was very ineffective with his current face.