Part 29

"...hear me? Padawan Skywalker! Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, I hear you," he responded, rubbing his head. He cracked his eyes open to see an orange face staring at him. For a second, he thought he might still be dreaming, but the face only came into focus.

Oh, it was a Torgruta. That explained it.

Once the woman was satisfied with Anakin's state of consciousness, she moved on to Obi-Wan, who-

Who was a teenager again?

"Obi-Wan?" Anakin said, suddenly alert and awake. He helped the woman nudge Obi-Wan, who was sporting a buzz cut again for some reason. He started at his Togruta companion. "What happened to him?"

"What happened to both of you," she answered as Obi-Wan shook his head. "You were hit with a ray that changes how old you are and takes away your memory."

Looking down at himself, he checked to see if he had been altered. "But I am this old, aren't I?"

She shook her head, then returned her attention to Obi-Wan. "You're supposed to be twenty-four. Master Kenobi is supposed to be thirty-four, but he believes he's thirty."

That sounded a little far-fetched to Anakin, but then again, he had woken up surrounded by soldiers that he didn't remember, and Obi-Wan didn't have his beard, so...

Obi-Wan was finally regaining his bearings. "I don't believe we've met," he told the Togruta in front of him. 

"My name is Ahsoka Tano. Master Yoda sent me."

"Sent you?" Anakin repeated. "To do what?"

"To get you two back to normal," she said, pointing at both of them then down the hall. "We're onboard a Separatist destroyer. The machine that did this to you is that way. We need to restore both of you before you lose any more of your memory."

"Incoming!" one of the soldiers yelled out. Tano immediately sprang up and drew her lightsabers (she had two of them? Why were they white?). She ran in front of the soldiers and started deflecting blaster fire that came from... battle droids. Sure, that made sense.

While she fought, the Jedi Knight started speaking into her comlink. "Kix, the regression happened about a minute ago. What's our new time?"

"Give me a second," his reply came. Anakin and Obi-Wan were shocked when it also came through their comlinks as well as Tano's. 

Though the situation they had woken up in was rather confusing, Tano was clearly a Jedi, so they decided to trust her. Once they were back on their feet, they followed her lead and started deflecting blaster fire from the front of the squad. No sooner than they decided to pitch in, though, than two more soldiers snuck up behind the battle droids and started shooting them from behind. A couple of seconds later, the Jedi and the soldiers were the only ones standing in the room.

"Right on time," Tano remarked, deactivating her lightsabers. "Master Kenobi, Padawan Skywalker, I'd like to introduce you to Commander Cody and Captain Rex, as well as a combined squad from the 501st and 212th Legions."

"We have an army now?"

"The Republic has an army," Tano corrected Anakin. "The Jedi Order has been assigned to lead it. It's a very long story and one we don't have time for right now."

"General, it's Kix again," their comlinks announced. "I give it about forty-five minutes before General Kenobi regresses again. Give or take, of course."

"Right. That should be enough. Get the stretchers ready, and I'll get them back to you soon," she ordered.

"Yes, sir."