Acknowledgements

You have reached the end of Dragon Blood, book 1 of the Ancient Blood Series.

~

I want to express my deepest appreciation to my beta reader, Maximillia. I know I'm not the easiest person to work with, and that I can get some crazy tunnel vision when I get into my writing, especially right at the end there. You are one of my best friends in the entire world, and I love you so, so much.

Btw, if anyone cares to know, she almost throttled me at Chapter 52 because I deliberately lied about specific events just so I could see her reactions.

I'm not apologizing XD

~

I also want to thank the following people (in no particular order):

Jackie-Blue

LINKINPARKfreak44

Merl1nMagnuss3n

-xras-

You guys have been so supportive through this journey and are always the first people to vote on every new chapter. I wouldn't have been able to get through this monster without all of your votes, comments, and encouragement.

~

I also want to thank everyone else so much for choosing to read my book. This is the first draft and will be going under heavy revisions. I am still not sure if the final draft will be published online, but this version will remain available on Wattpad for the foreseeable future.

~

So, what's next?

Hey, M.C. Matthews 1+ year later to amend this part during minor editing before submitting to the Wattys.

Originally, the plan was to focus on editing and document the process. I did try to do that, but ultimately I decided to finish the series first so I can make the entire thing more cohesive and put together. As of now (July 30, 2022), I've finished writing book 2, about a third through writing book three, and I have a little side story planned that won't be a part of the main series.

As I said before, this version of Dragon Blood will remain on Wattpad until I decide whether I want to approach traditional or self publishing or if I want to keep the story free and just post the new version.

~

*Not my image - thank you Pinterest*

~

No, really, what's next?

Okay, okay, fine I guess this is as good a time as any to announce

Blood Lust
book 2 of the Ancient Blood Series

(Complete as of May 2022)

~

Here's a little teaser for you:

~

She scrambled to her feet and rushed for the exit. Her hand just managed to twist the handle when his fist slammed against the door over her head to keep it shut. She flattened her back against the wall, staring up at him. His face was a mask of rage, black eyes cold as ice, and she could see that his canines had sharpened into short fangs. She turned her head, unable to meet the intensity of his gaze.

He gripped her wrist tight enough to make her wince. He was wary of the bracelet that burned him as he lifted her arm to get a better look at it. He narrowed his eyes at it, then tilted his head to look back down at her.

"Please," She whimpered. "Don't hurt me..."

He leaned back enough to lift his weight off the door. His fingers touched the side of her face, making her flinch, and stroking downwards until one finger rested under her chin. He tilted her head up. "Are you afraid of me, kitten?"

His soft voice carried a dual tone and made her shiver. But some of the tension had eased, as did the crushing grip on her wrist. Her eyes fluttered. She was terrified, and hungry, and desperate. She wanted this man more than she could ever explain. It was a strange mix of emotions. She managed a tiny nod, just a slight tilt of her head up and down.

Cyrille's eyes suddenly softened and the black began to retreat from his cornea. He looked... disappointed? He lifted her wrist to press a soft kiss into her palm of her hand, letting it linger and savoring the last moment of contact. Then he stepped back and released her. Kate stared up at him for a minute, her mouth opened slightly in surprise. Her hand fumbled with the door handle before running out of the office.

~

Again, thank you guys so, SO much for all your support. 

~

M.C. Matthews

~