Chapter 1: Blood red

The hall. Such an interesting place. About twice a week they would allow every patient, no matter their illness, meet in this huge room. Isn't it fascinating ? About 36 people, all able to kill each other in the same room. I liked those days. I would sit away from everyone and watch the tension build between the other patients. I think the doctors that take care of us like that. They say it's to socialize us but in reality, I am almost sure they can't wait for someone to start a fight to be able to remind us that we have no power over others nor ourselves. Here is what would happen if someone ever started a fight. First of all threats would be thrown at the victim but even tho the security knows the difference between a delusional threat and a real one, they wouldn't move their pinky. Then the first slap. And an army of security guards would invade the room to pin the violent person down against the floor. They would take him to the electric room and send him a few painful shocks. Enough to make them fall unconscious but not enough to kill them. Finally they would count us and put us back in our rooms and probably plan a group session with a therapist to remind us it's bad to kill people. As if.

I walked inside and sat at my usual place looking around. You are there. At the opposite of the room looking at me. I wish I could have smirked but I didn't want to give you that satisfaction yet. I leaned over the wall crossing my legs covered by the institute's uniform. Oliver Newton. That's your name. How do I know? I just do. During a long 20 minutes you stared at me. I am flattered really, but you now look like a creep. You are lucky I know you. I stood up and went to the door, walked past it and headed to the bathroom. Once in front of the door I smiled and opened the door to see you there waiting for me. « Newton. If I am right the male's bathroom is at the end of the hallway »
« Who are you? »
I smiled. Here we go « again, I am not the intruder here so I should ask you that »
« Don't play with me. I saw you the day my mother died »

I laid my hand over this old thing and turned the water on. As the water flew down in the bath I dropped my clothes to the floor taking a deep breath to feel the cold air over my skin. I approached the mirror of my room and looked at myself in it. Is that me? Of course it is. I softly caressed my own cheek staring at my own eyes. As dark as my soul.
Smoke started to surround me coming from the bath as it woke me up from my thoughts and I turned the water off. Isn't it funny how life plays us and make us believe we are the main character ? Today I could have been anywhere. In another town, other city. I could have decided to stay at home and listen to my father's bullshit. Yet, life has decided it was time to me to cross your way.
One leg after the other, I stepped into the bath. Burning water enveloping me into a warm nightmare. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly focusing on every single vein filled with the blood my heart sent with a beat. Slowly, I laid down until the water stopped me from breathing and hearing. And the world stopped. No more voices, no more screams. No more pain. Don't fool yourself, this is just an illusion. The calm before the storm. The few seconds of peace I had before my emotions come back full force to remind me I don't have enough hearts to handle it all.
Bubbles started rushing to the surface as a silent scream came out straight from my chest. Bubbles that quickly disappeared, not because I closed my mouth but because the water got thicker, red, and the moment I sat up to breath, the bath was washing away your mother's blood from my body.