The mysterious key

It was just like any other day. But this time I had hit the jackpot by getting into an S-ranked gate. It wasn't too hard for me though. I just sat back and relaxed as my shadow army literally swarmed over the dungeon monsters, taking them out one by one.

At last, the only piece of shit left was the boss.

"I'll take him." I said to the valiant Igris. He humbly nodded and disappeared into the ground, along with the rest of my army.

"Wouldn't wanna get rusty" I said, with a smirk, as I slipped out two daggers and blasted off ground with immense force. The monster swung it's huge axe towards me.

***
"Phew." I said, seated on top of the monster's carcass. the fight lasted for a few minutes, and I was waiting for a reward. I leveled up of course, but strangely, I got a weird looking key.

"What in the hell...? "

I tried to look into it more, but I couldn't find anything except for the one annoying word that popped up on my virtual screen.

"UNKNOWN."

I looked at the key, unsure of what it had in store for me. But I knew more than anything... That I was excited. I was dying to see what was on the other side, and didn't care about the creepy smile plastered all over my face. 

I hopped off the dead monster, and dusted off my clothes.

"Alright key, where are you going to take me?"

A blinding light engulfed me, and my whole vision was obscured by bright light.

"Let's see what's on the other side... " I thought.