Where the hell am I?

I opened my eyes once, but my vision was blurry. I blinked once more, and vision cleared up, slowly revealing the world in front of me.

"Wait, what?"

I was in what seemed to be a town and there were many people walking around, minding their own business. It's morning so they seemed to be going to work. I was dumbfounded.

"Where the hell am I?" I said, facepalming.

I analyzed my surroundings for a while. It looks like a city or a town surrounded with a wall which seems to be something close to 45-50 metres. I have never seen humans living in dungeons before though. It all seemed very strange.

Wait... If there are walls... Are the walls protecting these people from something? I had many questions. So I decided to ask an old man running a butcher shop.

"Hey old man, what is this place? "

He had blonde hair and coloured eyes and didn't look Korean at all.

"First time here kid? I can tell whatever you wanna know... But... I've never seen anyone like you before. You look... Different." The man replied, staring intently.

I decided to stay away from soldiers who were positioned at the gate since they might start showering me with questions. I don't want to make myself an enemy of these people.

"Yeah, I'm new here. Can you please fill me in about this place?" I asked nonchalantly.

"We are in wall Maria. This is one of the districts attached to one of the three walls. The problem is, the Titans will attack the districts first since they are protruding from the wall. If the wall breaks, that is. It happened once...and it was horrifying."

Titans? Are they the monsters of this world? I decided not to ask him about it, since they might be a common threat here and he might think I'm strange if I don't know about them.

"Anything else, old man?" I asked.

"Hmm... Since you're here you should know the basics. If you want to sleep or rent a place to live, you gotta go down the road and take a left. Walk for about five minutes and you'll see the place. Next, if you want something to eat, there is a restaurant right next to the dorm."

Good. Looks like I can get to sleep around here. But wait, I have no money!

Before he turned around to get back to work, I asked, "hey old man, but... I don't have any money on me. Are there any jobs around here? "

He looked back at me and said, "You can work at the restaurant which I just told you about. They might not need any employees right now, but you can ask them if there are any places which are in need of employees....or.... If you want to become a soldier... You can do that too. But I'm against that. If you wanna join the survey corps just forget it. They are basically Titan food. The other regiments... They aren't that dangerous since they stay within the walls." He looked like he was grieving.

"Thank you for the information." I said, I went on my way. From everything that the old man had said... The only thing that raised my curiosity the most was the Titans and the survey corps. I asked the old man where the barracks were and he told me the way... with a sullen look on his face.

***

I was on my way to the recruiting grounds. I felt like I needed to do this because I needed to check how strong the warriors of this world are. If I demonstrated a power that they've never heard of, they might hunt me down and I will become everyone's enemy. I finally arrived, and we all had to stand in formation.

There was a bald, dark skinned man with a goatee, and he was screaming at the top of his lungs.

"you worthless worms! My name Kieth Shadis, and I'll check if you guys are worthy of being a soldier, or a bottom feeder who feeds on shit!"

This guy was nuts.

Basically, we had to keep ourselves upright on a very strange looking equipment. Some people wobbled and fell over, and the others successfully balanced but were struggling to do so.

Eventually, my turn came. When another examiner strapped it on me, I realised that this exercise focused on how strong a person's core is. I managed to do it flawlessly. This shit was way too easy.

I passed with flying colours and was assigned to a group of cadets. We all were trainees and there were many other groups like ours. For some reason, the other people used to look at me with curiosity when I walked by. None of them looked Korean. That must be the reason why they were looking at me. I didn't care though.

The person that stood out to me the most was a boy with green eyes and dark brown hair, he had a perfectly lean build, and it looks like he was trying out for the past few days since he failed to balance himself. He succeeded too after finding out that his gear was broken. The instructor handed him someone else's belt. This black haired girl kept on nagging him whenever she got the chance.

It had gotten extremely late, so we had to eat dinner and go to bed. While we were eating there was a crowd surrounding the green-eyed kid.

"Eren, please tell us, it was extremely tall right? " a kid with a buzz cut asked.

Oh so his name is eren.

"Yeah, okay? It was tall enough to stick it's head over the 50 metre wall." Eren replied, obviously annoyed.

"I heard it stepped over the wall competely! " a guy shouted.

"Nahh.. It was big, but not that big... It also had no skin. Only muscles. It had a mouth like a corpse. " Eren stated.

So this Eren kid seems to know about the Titan that broke down wall of shiganshina. He's probably taking about the same thing the butcher was taking about.

A guy named jean tried to pick a fight with eren when eren revealed his life goal to everyone. Eren wanted to slaughter all the Titans out of existence. Fortunately, they shook hands and it was resolved. I got curious when jean complimented mikasa's black hair, since she and I were the only ones who looked Asian out of everyone else here. I watched her as she went and tagged along with eren, and nagging him about how short tempered he was.

I wanted to ask Eren about the day, his hometown was destroyed....even though it might be a sensitive topic. I watched Eren and Mikasa walking outside so I decided to follow them and start asking them for some answers....