My liege

"I'm sorry."

"W-what?" Jean asked, visibly confused.

"I misjudged you that day. I admit that I was getting ahead of myself. "

Jean's grip loosened.

"I called you a coward and I was right about that...but I thought that you were like the cowards who left to tend to crops. That's where I went wrong. You hate that part of yourself. You're jealous of Eren's bravery. Correct? "

Jean looked down at the ground and slowly let go of my collar.

"When you got angry and tried to attack me, you were actually angry at yourself weren't you? " I said, adjusting my collar.

"What the hell do you know about me? " Jean said, clenching his teeth.

"If you're trying to impress mikasa just forget it. Such an insignificant reason will never help you against the titans. " I said.

"Why the hell would I want to fight titans to impress someone. Of course that's not the case. " Jean said, irritated.

"What's this about me? " Mikasa asked walking towards us.

"What the hell are you guys talking about when there are hordes of titan entering the walls this moment. Let me warn you, if I see another Hannah and Franz situation, you know that I'll kill you myself right?"

"Eren what's wrong with you? " Hannah asked clinging on to Franz's arm.

"This is what I'm talking about. " Eren scowled. "Weren't you two supposed to be with your group? Why the in the damn hell are you all over each other? Obey your team captain's orders for once! "

Everyone went quiet, and looked at Eren. Some of the squadron leaders of the other teams took advantage of this and quickly got their squads together.

"That's kid got quite the presence." One of the leaders said.

"He would make an amazing leader." Another one added.

"Actually, he is leading a squadron for this mission."

"Eren sure is something. " Connie said, looking over from his squad.

"Eren, I'm sorry but it looks like I was assigned to lead another squad. " I said, disappointed.

"Me too. Looking at the areas we're going to be stationed in, we're going to be really far apart. " Eren said.

"But...that doesn't matter to me." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm finally getting a chance to get my revenge. I can't falter. Just watch me Jinwoo. I'm going to wipe them all out without a trace. You said you'll protect me right? Then I have a duty to protect you too. "

Just one look at his eyes and I could tell that he every word that escaped his mouth was the truth.

"One more thing." He asked. "Mikasa's in your squad right?"

"Yeah. "

"That night of the reveal of the top ten cadets, when I told you about my mom... I realised something. It's a weird feeling. Up until now, I've only thought of killing titans and getting my revenge, but lately, I've been thinking about what would happen if I lost Mikasa too. She's the only family I have left in this shitty world. She's also extremely protective of me... just like my mom. I don't intend to lose her too. Keep what I told you a secret from her. If I find out that something happened to her... you know who I'll blame right? "

I was dumbstruck by Eren's words.

"Knowing you Jinwoo, you'll probably keep your whole team safe. " He said, walking past me.