A mirror

"Sung...jiwoo. " A fat military policeman said, looking down at a piece of paper, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's sung jin-woo, sir. Get it right. "

"Whatever...not my fault your parents were half drunk when giving you this...retarded name. "

I wish I could feed this guy to Beru. Why do the people in this world always have a problem with names?

I turned around and took a deep breath.

Mina spotted me from afar and waved.

"Hey, Sung Jin-woo. I'm talking here. Trying to woo all the ladies? " The fatty joked.

"Sir, why aren't you taking this seriously? This is an emergency. There's no time to be joking arou-"

"You pathetic bastards are the ones who are going to fight in the front lines. After all, I'm higher ranked than you. Got a problem?"

I glared at him.

"Hey,...fat-" I said, as Connie stopped me by holding my shoulder.

I turned around and looked at him, and he shook his head, as if tellimg me to calm down.

The military policeman glared at us for a second and continued to speak,

"Anyway, Jinwoo. You're going to lead squad 23. "

"But sir, I wanna go solo-"

"You think you're some kind of hero? You can't even take on a few and you want to go alone? I bet you haven't killed a single monster in your life. Am I right? " He said, handing me a paper with the list of soldiers who are on my team.

I didn't say anything. I just looked at him and smirked.

***
And now here I am, with my squad.

"What makes you think I'll call you that?" Mikasa asked.

"It's simple really...I can either mop the floor with you once more, or I can let you meet Eren after we're done killing a few of them. Sweet deal huh? I prefer the first option though. " I said.

"I...choose the latter." Mikasa said.

"See? The stalker approved of calling me that. What about you guys?" I asked.

They all looked down to the ground.

"I guess that's my answer. I'll tell you this. Whoever doesn't call me that, I'll tell the brass you tried to run away from the battlefield."

"Yes, my liege!" They all cried in unison.

I loved this feeling, since it reminded me of how my shadow soldiers used to address me.

But I knew more than anyone, what kind of situation I was in.

"Ok, I'll go ahead. All you guys need to do is stay right behind me. Disobey my orders, and you'll get it from me you understand?! "

"Yes, my leige!" They all cried out.

"Shit...this is so corny..." A guy whispered to himself.

I could tell that they were afraid. These guys would get themselves killed if they were this miserable.

I instantly knew what I had to do to protect them.

A titan turned the corner and made its way towards us.

"Stay back!!!" I said, as I zoomed past the incoming hand of the titan and, faked going to the right, and then blasted towards the left of its head and landed the killing blow.

"Incredible..." A guy said.

I took out the next five titans without a problem. No one had died. But for some reason, when I saw their miserable expressions...I felt like I was missing something.

Deep in thought, I struck a titan behind it's kneecap causing it to stumble forward.

A female member of the team didn't expect the injured titan to come so close, and missed her timing to hook onto a wall.

"AAAHHH!!! " she screamed as she fell towards the ground. She had let go of one of her swords.

"Sophie!!! " Everyone cried out.

"Damn it!!! " I said, as I boosted myself with my gear.

"This is going to be close..." I thought as I caught her as she barely missed the ground. I made sure I had hooked myself to a wall, but the ground was too close to avoid any impact.

"Shit... I'm about to hit the ground." I thought.

I held her in a tight embrace and turned my back towards the ground, just before the collision.

SCREECH!!!

My back scraped across the ground, and the speed almost made me turn over, but I only turned sideways, holding her head to my chest so she won't come into contact with the ground. My shoulder suffered all the damage. And finally, we came to a stop.

I felt intense pain and relief, but the relief vanished instantly when I
noticed that I let the titan pass.

"Guys!!! Run away!!! " I shouted.

"Zack! Watch out! " Mikasa said, as she sliced off the fingers of the titan.

The guy called Zack escaped.

"This isn't good! It's standing with its back against the wall! We can't reach the damn nape!! " Mikasa said.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!! YOU'LL GET KILLED!!!" I shouted lifting my head up from the ground.

"Zack!!! Stay right there and distract it! I have an idea! " Martin said.

"All right! " Zack said, shooting one of his hooks and hitting the Titan's face.

"DON'T!!! " I shouted, trying to get up, but I winced in pain.

"Come here you big jerk!!!" Zack said, throwing random insults.

The titan shifters towards him, and that's when mikasa cut off its ankle, causing it to stumble into its knees.

"Your mine now!!!" Martin said, as jumped off the top of the building behind the titan.

The bastard actually managed to slice the nape open.

Everyone cheered.

"Our first titan!" Jake shouted.

"Martin you rock man! "

"Mikasa you're amazing!"

"Take that you piece of shit! "

I was in awe in the sudden change in attitude of my team. They were confident and wore strong expressions.

I finally understood where I went wrong. I was destroying their morale since I was taking them all on, on my own.

"hey, you filthy trash! " Martin said, standing on the carcass, and pointing his blade at its face.

"You vermin need to be exterminated from this world. You're the ones who are the real problem. You're the reason why there's so much bloodshed. I wish you were never brought into this world. "