Eren and his friends

"I keep telling you that you need to control yourself... You always lose control in those situations. " Mikasa said, looking at eren with concern.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Stop acting like my mom." Eren replied, yawning.

I approached the two of them. They seemed like they were having a stroll.

"hey Eren. My name is Sung Jinwoo. May I ask you some questions if you've got some time?" I asked him, as he stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Sure, Go ahead. Actually, we were going to eat dinner just now...wanna join us? " Eren replied, straight faced.

"I'll tag along then." I replied. Mikasa looked at me with suspecting eyes.

"What's wrong with you? " I asked her.

"She's always like that. Just forget her and come on man. " Eren said, walking ahead.

We left Mikasa behind. I quickly glanced behind me and noticed that she was staring daggers at me.

"What did I do?" I thought to myself.

She quickly followed us and stood at the door. Looking at the two of us talking to each other at the table.

"So, what did you wanna ask? " Eren asked, swallowing his food.

"You might not like this question...but did your hometown get invaded by titans? " I asked, paying close attention.

"Y.. Yeah. Countless lives were lost that day. My mom... She got eaten."

"I didn't know.... I'm so sorry." I said, looking down.

"It's alright." Eren stated, downing a glass of water.

I get why eren was so determined to kill all the Titans. The moment I saw him... I knew he was different than the others here. Even in my world, there are a certain number of people, who you know the second you look at them...they are special. They do whatever it takes to get to the top. People are drawn to these types since they motivate everyone else too.

"Umm... Eren, what's her deal?" I asked, looking at mikasa who was just glaring at me. She was at our table now.

"She wanted to talk to me alone today. It seems she wants us to spend more time with each other since we will be training a lot throughout the day. " Eren said, sighing.

"Let's go eren. " Mikasa said, tugging on his arm.

I wanted to ask him more questions. I need him to stay.

"I need to ask him more questions." I said, looking at her blankly.

"Shut up. You're the one who's getting in our way. Stop acting so familiar with him when you met him just a few minutes ago. " She snapped, glaring intensely.

I sighed as an evil smirk started to crawl onto my face. It's been a while since someone tried to talk trash to me. It always ended with them having a nice long conversation with the knuckles on my fist.

"And why should I care? I'm not that generous. If you want to me to shut up, then make me." I said with a sly grin, as I casually placed one leg of mine over the other.

Everyone started paying attention to our little verbal fight.

"Hey... He's picking a fight with Mikasa! Is he crazy?! "

"He's gonna get destroyed."

"Hah, get a load of this guy. "

"Mikasa's gonna get wrecked. "

"Are you kidding me? She's gonna mop the floor with him! " Jean said.

"don't know about that man, something about that guy... Just doesn't feel right. " A huge blonde guy  said.

Mikasa was fuming. Eren just continued to eat without a care in the world.

"Did you piss yourself already? " I asked.

"You... I'll kill you... " Mikasa said. Yep, she was definitely losing it.

"That's the first time I've seen her so angry. I think it's got something to do with eren. It's got to be. " a short blonde girl said.

"We've only seen her for a day
though. " Bertholdt said.

"I know... She just didn't seem like the type to get angry. " Annie stated.

"What the hell is going on here! " Shadis boomed. Everyone froze. Some idiots hopped back to their chairs and pretended to eat. "Everyone go to bed! Training starts tomorrow!" The door slammed behind him, and he stormed off leaving the lamps in the room to sway back and forth.

"Enough." Eren said as he stood up from his seat, wiping his mouth. "Mikasa we should all go to bed now. "
He said, glaring at her.

"But, eren... "

"Leave! "

Mikasa wore a look of shock on her face, but she slowly started to look depressed. She then turned around and went to girls' room.

"She looks... Upset." I said, looking at eren who was pushing his chair back.

"We care about each other a lot. I realised long ago that the reason why she's so attached to me was that I gave her hope when she didn't have any. I saved her... From a lifetime of slavery... " Eren felt like he recalled something he didn't like. He was gritting his teeth with a torn look on his face.

I playfully hit him on the back, and he snapped out of his trance.

"That's all in the past right? Don't recall the bad memories. It's the good ones that matter. " I said with a comforting smile.

"Haha, thanks...let's get going now. " eren said, smiling back.

"Yup."

Eren and I headed to our room. I've decided that I would get up before everyone else to complete my daily training checklist.

***

Everyone woke up immediately when they heard the sound of instructor Shadis shouting. And after that, it was the usual routine. We had to wash ourselves and put on our uniforms.

All the guys had introduced each other last night. A short blonde kid called Armin turned out to be Eren's best friend. There were two guys called Reiner and Bertholdt, and Eren was indebted to them since they helped him with his 3dm gear. I knew who Jean was from the heated argument he and Eren had last night. A very behaved and mature guy called Marco introduced himself to me too.

We all completed our chores and stood in formation outside.

"Everyone, pick a sparring partner  and start training! Keep switching partners while you're at it! " Shadis boomed.

Everyone picked their partners without any conflicts.

"Hey. " I heard a girl behind me. I turned around and smirked.

"Oh... It's you again." I said, with my hands in my pockets.

Mikasa got into a fighting stance.

"You're mine. " She said, seething with anger. 

"Bring it." I said, with an amused look on my face.