sixteen.

Madi had her head down mindlessly as she walked down the hall, heading for her locker when she was sprayed with cologne, putting her in a coughing fit

Madi had her head down mindlessly as she walked down the hall, heading for her locker when she was sprayed with cologne, putting her in a coughing fit. "What is that?" Madi asked, waving her hand over her face to clean the air around her as Ethan sprayed the air with his cologne. Ethan turned to Madi, a big smile on his face as he gestured to the cologne. "This'? Harmonia. It's musk. Supposed to tap into a woman's primal nature."

"It's definitely manly." Benny breathed out beside Madi as she pinched her nose. "Like wrestling team laundry bag manly." Madi scoffed as Sarah walked into the hall. Ethan took a deep breath as he stared at her. "Okay, here goes. I'm just worried she'll laugh in my face."

"She probably will if you're smelling like that." Benny quickly said, making Madi shake her head. "No. She'll probably pass out." Madi said, her voice nasally from her pinching her nose. Ethan glared at them, making Benny cringe. "Uh... It gives you one less thing to worry about, right?" Ethan rolled his eyes at the two, walking towards Sarah.

"Joking?" Benny asked and Madi, finally being able to breath, let go of her nose and crossed her arms. "I wasn't."

...

"I don't care if you have to study tonight, Sarah. We are going shopping." Erica said as her, Sarah and Madi walked down the halls of the school. Sarah rolled her eyes, turning to Erica. "I need to study-" "We are literally gonna be high schoolers for all of eternity. So what if you fail a test?" Erica interrupted Sarah before turning to Madi. "You'll go, right?"

Madi smiled, linking arms with Erica. "I don't have a test to study for." Erica squealed in excitement, nodding her head happily as they passed Ethan, Benny and Rory.

"Hey, ladies. What do you say'?" Benny asked, making Madi's brows furrow as Erica smirked. "Drop dead, geek?" Madi stifled a laugh as Bennys jaw dropped and he slowly started raising his hands in surrender. "Easy, babe, easy."

Erica chuckled, grabbing Madi, who was planning to stop to talk to the boys, pulling her by the arm and continuing on. "Hey, nothing personal. I just don't hang out with dorks."

Benny let out a sigh, pulling something out of his pocket. "I just wanted to see if you wanna sample... this new Dusk Perfume. It's supposed to make even undead people smell like flowers... and other girly stuff. Wanna try it?"

Erica gasped, pulling Madi and Sarah back towards Benny, a huge girl smile on her face. "Yes." Erica screamed as Madi pursed her lips and shook her head and Sarah sighed. "No, thanks."

Erica growled at Sarah and Madi before turning back to Benny. "Oh, please. Just one little spritz." Benny looked at Erica for a couple of seconds before sighing, handing her the bottle. "Okay."

Erica squeaked, taking the perfume bottle out of his hands and spraying it all over her, spraying Madi and Sarah in the face in the process, making Madi cough. "Hey! Erica! Watch where you're spray-" Madi suddenly felt a whirl over emotions and felt herself being pulled towards Rory. Before she could even do anything. She was hugging onto Rorys side. "Hey, there, handsome."