Chapter 4

Lelia bit her lips hard. She thought that if she let her guard down a bit, she would get double the punishment. 

‘That’s so mean, you sucker!’

As if like yesterday, she felt that she got tricked again. In the original story, he pretended to be so nice and kind in front of the heroine.

‘Was it all fake?’

Lelia glared at Romeo hatefully. 

I also have a scar that is no different.

[T/N: I think by ‘scar’ she means the pain Oscar and Lelia are going through is somewhat similar(?)]

Lelia stomped her feet to show him that she was offended. She was thinking of going to the library, but felt like she had to take a walk. She headed to the garden with a huff, and at a point, she turned her head to find Romeo, who was still following her. 

Lelia looked at him and shouted fearlessly. 

“Hey, what now?”

“Oh wow, you are showing your true colors now.” Romeo seemed surprised and said as if it was fun. 

“I don’t think I need to be polite to a guy like you.”

“Oh, it’s thrilling!” Saying so, Romeo came closer to Lelia with a look of no thrill. 

Lelia sat on a bench, which was on her right and Romeo sat next to her. Lelia slapped his arm when he was about to touch Lelia’s arm. Romeo didn’t care about it, even though it might have hurt his feelings. 

“Tell me more.”

“About what?”

“About people who have nightmares with their eyes open. Tell me more about them.”

Ah…

He is a child after all. 

Lelia snorted inwardly. 

Romeo’s eyes were shaking while waiting for Lelia to answer. 

“People’s spirits are very fragile. Their minds are weak.”

She pointed her index finger at the top of her head. 

“What’s inside here is very soft, fragile and persistent. So if a person sees a bit of a shocking scene, it keeps remembering the same scene again and again. The next time they get weak or tired, they keep thinking of those memories.”

“So?”

“Okay. So, what if it repeats? It gets really hard. The shocking scene keeps coming to mind. They even have an illusion, something that can be seen with eyes. Real.”

“…”

“Even more so, they can hear it with their ears. Weak people suffer throughout their lives and die. In some cases, they take their own lives.”

Romeo’s face twisted at what Lelia said right now. 

He spoke slowly, “Suicide is… a terrible sin.”

It was one of the most important doctrines of the Kreutz religion. 

The temple strictly prohibited taking one’s own life and considered it a terrible sin to commit, that would not be forgiven no matter how many times one returns. 

It is a treacherous act of dedicating one’s soul to the devil. 

That is what everyone on this continent thought. And Lelia didn’t deny it.