Chapter 16

***

That night when everyone fell asleep, Lelia sat in front of the desk in the bedroom and squeezed her head. She was able to learn about the big events of the future through her memories of the novel. However, while there was a future that she could change, there was also a future that she couldn’t do anything about.

The most important thing is to stop her own death.

The story says that it is not a murder, but an accident that occurs when a person misses his or her footing, so she just needs to be extra careful near the pond. But her own destiny was beyond her control. The prince died and the new emperor ascended the throne.

Then, her friends participate in the expedition to fight against the Dragon.

Also, the damage suffered by Kalix in the battle.

Such things were not something she could stop.

“I wish I had magical abilities like the heroine and the hero… I won’t be able to rescue Kalix…”

The most sacred power in the world, if any, was the power of Mana.

Mana is the energy of Mother Nature, and those with high mana affinity were able to learn and train the mana that exists in nature in their body. There is the Aura Master, also called the Sword Master, who uses mana to strengthen the body and infuses a weapon with aura, which is a form of mana.

There is also the wizard, who uses mana to create a magic formula and perform magic.

[It’s forbidden, but I wish I could at least do alchemy.]

At least so that she doesn’t starve like how she used to. She can make money by selling magic pills.

[It’d be a big deal if I got caught, though…]

Alchemy was nothing but a forbidden magic in this world. It is a type of magic, but was treated as heresy. The reason is because the ultimate purpose of alchemy is to create a ‘sage stone’.

The sage’s stone is said to have the same characteristics as the “divine relic” of the temple, which is said to fulfill all wishes, and the temple judged it as a challenge to the authority of the gods.

Also, elixir, one of the ultimate goals of alchemists, was a problem.

The divine power has the power of healing, but it was not universal. It couldn’t save the dead, regenerate the amputated body, or cure a disease that had progressed for a long time.

However, the elixir of the alchemists was a drug of immortality that made it all possible.

Of course, there was no alchemist who actually made the Sage Stone or Elixir yet. However, the logic itself could not be tolerated in the temple.