Chapter 15

The relationship between the five children had strengthened in the last two years. Now, naturally, no one would feel uncomfortable even if they were called ‘friends’. They spent holidays together, prayed for New Year’s wishes together, celebrated each other’s birthdays, and made quite a few memories.

In the meantime, Lelia forgot all about the novel and her previous life and was perfectly assimilated to them and had fun.

Then one day, a letter came from the emperor of her home country.

‘Don’t forget your duty and be quiet.’

It was a warning message that her secret might leak out. Even though she knew she couldn’t say it anyway, she felt anxious. Lelia had forgotten about the Emperor and Crown Prince Leo, and as soon as she saw the message, she came to her senses.

Not long after returning home, there will be a revolt.

After that, Perseus, the new emperor, will ascend the throne…

What would that mean for Prince Leo? 

Officially, it meant that Prince Leo would die. His chances of survival were close to zero. Just before the rebellion, the emperor almost died due to poison from a spiteful servant.

When she remembered that fact, her eyes went dark and her friend’s faces came to her mind. The faces of her friends who would feel despair at the news of her death…

[Do I have to tell you the truth?]

But the moment she speaks, she will die. The magic placed on her was very powerful because it was written on a national scale. It could not be solved by divine power easily.

Only then did Lelia see her situation objectively. She found herself to be in a funny situation. 

[I don’t know how I forgot…]

She fell too deep into the joy of having friends. Forgetting that she was just a fake.

Lelia, agonizing over it, came to the conclusion that she would rather not get closer with her friends before it was too late.

So she was going to say something mean and hurtful to her friends on purpose…

“What’s the matter? You’ve been talking a lot lately? Do you have a knife against your mouth?”

“What? What’s wrong with you? You have to tell me!”

“I don’t know what you mean, Leo, but I can see you’re doing this on purpose.”