2

Tsubaki noticed that her mother, Ren, always acted different with Akito. When she were younger, Ren wasn't that physically affectionate however Ren wasn't exactly cold either just maybe bit distant. As years continued to go by Ren grew into a very unfamiliar person to Tsubaki. Her beloved mother changed so much that her mother basically seemed like a stranger.

It was only during Tsubaki's elementary school, when Akito was around six years old, that she realized how lonely Ren was.

Akira held Akito as Tsubaki walked beside them talking, a usually happy sight to any workers who saw them on a daily basis. Until this peaceful mundane scene was broken when Ren sudden walked towards them.

Noticing the woman's disheveled hair and clothes, Tsubaki immediately noticed that her mother was currently in not a proper state of mind.

"I'm here." Ren spoke in a low voice. Tsubaki had to actually strain her ear to hear her properly. "I'm here!" This time the woman shouted.

"Look at me! Notice me!" Ren brought her hands to her chest as she continuously looked at Akira,shouting."I'm here, Akira-san...!" Her mother sobbed as she fell on her knees.

Tsubaki turned towards her father to search for a reaction. She noticed that her father held Akito more tightly and Akito seemed frightened. However Akira's expression was what surprised Tsubaki the most. The man simply has a blank expression, his eyes held no emotion... It was simply a void.

Akira then quietly turned away from Ren and quietly walked away.

Tsubaki was torn. Herr father had told her not to get close to Ren as she was mentally ill however no child could leave their mother ,not when they were bend down, fallen to their knees ,sobbing. Tsubaki tightened herr small hand into a fist and then walked towards Ren.

"Mother..." Tsubaki said softly as she bend down. Ren did not raise her head, as she continued sobbing. The small girl then leaned forward and opened Her arms, to wrap her arms around her mother.

"Mother, I'm here... I notice you..." Maybe it was because it has been so long since Tsubaki was in her mother's presence and hugged her because right now she felt so-

*Slap*

Ren tore away from your embrace by slapping your arms away making you take a step back. "You are not the one I want! I want Akira!" Ren shouted.

Tsubaki stared in shock as her mother pushed her away. However when Tsubaki took a step back to walk away, Ren immediately rushed forward and grabbed her by the wrist. "Don't leave your mother alone, my dear Tsubaki...Don't be like Akira who simply looks at Akito."

The girl wanted to cry. Why can't this family simply love each other equally? She knew how her mother, Ren, love Akira more than her two children. She knew her father, Akira, loved his family but preferred Akito more...always mentioning how special Akito is. Tsubaki not innocent herself, she knew that she, herself, loved Akito more.

Tsubaki held her mother and then smiled. "Let's go inside, Mother. You'll get a cold if you stay outside in such thin clothing."

"Ahh..." Ren smiled. "You're looking so much like Akira-san, Tsubaki. I love you so much..." Her mother caressed her cheeks, smiling to herself.

And Tsubaki knew...The only reason her mother took care and loved her was because she resembled Akira so much and since Akira no longer looked at her, Ren was turning towards Tsubaki for consolace.

After that Akira's health seemed to go downhill pretty fast as after a few moths he couldn't even leave the bed. He no longer had strength to even walk. Every words from his mouth seemed to be so low. For Tsubaki it was quite obvious that her dear father would not be able to live very long, heck even Akito who was still very young realized that.