1

Once upon a time...

There was god. He lived on the top of a mountain so high up, people would not approach it. Maybe it was because of that, God felt lonely.

So he walked towards the window and picked up a maple leave. He twirled it around his hand and then kissed it. The leaf then started flowing and from there emerged a human, who had his head held down, bowing to god.

"I wish for you to always be there for me." God smiles and he kneeled in front of his new friend.

"You are my master. The reason for my very existence." The newly formed human said. "Every word of yours will be my action. Every wish of your will be my law."

The god smiled, even though he wanted a friend, the presence of a new individual made him happy.

And then they lived for a long time together before God once again became lonely. He wanted more friends. Maybe it was due to the fact that even though he wanted his servant to act as a friend, the latter refused to do so and had only seen God as his master.

One day a cat hopped in through his window. The cat meowed making God look at the animal.

God looked at his servant, his only servant who was utmost loyal and kind, and smiled. He gained another friend.

The servant felt his heart lighten as if his very soul had been cleansed after seeing his master smile.

"My loyal follower..." God started speaking, never once did he refer to him as a servant. "I want to hold a banquet...Please invite all of beloved friends there."

With that the servant bowed his head and left the room and started to take out a paper, brush and ink. And there he started a writing a letter which had the words.

"God invited you to the banquet that shall be held tomorrow."

Holding the letters in his hands he blew on them. As if petals of a cherry blossom those letters flew to their respective recipients, carried by the wind.

But the rat, who loved to pull pranks took the cats letter and then lied to his neighbor, the cat told him the banquet was the day after tomorrow.

....

The servant picked out the last outer part of the kimono and slipped it on the arms of the God.

"Thank you" God smiled.

The servant looked down. "It is my honor."

The servant then walked towards the door, opening it and then walked through.

He then sat down, facing his master, and bowed down head on the floor. "I shall now go receive the animals for the banquet." Raising his head, he then closed the door and walked towards the main entrance.

On the day of the banquet, the rat rode on the Ox's back , then leapt easily down to arrive first.

After him came the Ox, The Tiger and the rest.

As they sat down, the servant poured them drinks and later brought their meals in.

As everyone enjoyed the feast, the servant looked around in worry. The cat had not arrived. The servant look at his master and thought that it was better to not disturb him.

Then the servant left the room and walked through the front door and went outside.
Maybe he is late. With that thought the servant continued looking.